cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I phone 15 pro max help with my ee payg sim

Debs9871
Explorer

I have just ordered a new phone from sky , I don’t usually use the sim they gave me as sky signal is so bad in my area , I’ve tried many networks and ee is the only one that seems reliable for me.  , my new phone is eSIM only , which I didn’t notice when I ordered , I’m so confused now , ideally I would like to keep my ee payg number , and use the new pro max with my ee number but I have no clue where to start , this is my first time posting any advise would be appreciated thank you 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Debs9871  Unless you’ve got a US specification device it has a sim slot.  Only US iPhone are eSIM only.   If you don’t have a sim slot.   ( there’s a hole on the side to put the sim pin tool in it to open the sim slot. )  then you have to take this up with sky mobile’s.     Check your paper work you got with the device and you should find this it’s the sim pin tool. 

Chris_B_0-1715450588008.jpeg

IMG_0081.jpeg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

UK spec iPhone 15's have a nano-SIM slot - see https://www.apple.com/uk/iphone-15/specs/ 

bristolian_0-1715437935155.png

What size is your EE SIM?

XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

eSIMs are not available on PAYG. You'll have to take out a contract SIM. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Debs9871  Unless you’ve got a US specification device it has a sim slot.  Only US iPhone are eSIM only.   If you don’t have a sim slot.   ( there’s a hole on the side to put the sim pin tool in it to open the sim slot. )  then you have to take this up with sky mobile’s.     Check your paper work you got with the device and you should find this it’s the sim pin tool. 

Chris_B_0-1715450588008.jpeg

IMG_0081.jpeg

Thank you for your reply it’s a uk phone , I had googled it but I didn’t put uk 🙈 so google said no slot , thanks so much for your help