cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help to find lost photos ☹️

AR80
Visitor

I upgraded a while back to an IPhone 11 Pro but have not used it fully. When I got it I had charged it and logged in using my Apple ID. I then didn’t use it for quite a while and continued to use my old IPhone 7. Yesterday I took the Iphone 11 out with me without my SIM card in so that I could take some pictures and therefore it wasn’t online and wasn’t up to date like my iPhone 7. When I got home the iPhone 11 had the pictures there but whilst I was charging it it connected to my wifi and now it’s updated and is showing the same content as my iPhone 7 and the photos that were on it before it updated have disappeared. I cannot find them on my iCloud and I have tried logging out of my Apple ID on the IPhone 11 but that hasn’t worked either. Is there a way that I can get to them as I am assuming they are actually stored on the internal memory of the device itself?

Many thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AR80. Welcome to the community. 🙂

I upgraded a couple of days ago and used Apple's Quick Start method. It transfers everything over (including your photos).

It may be worth restoring your new iPhone back to factory settings and starting again using that method.

Chris

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@AR80   Turn off iCloud photos on your new device.    See if the photos appear if they don’t and they are not in the deleted folder they are going for good.