cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch cellular: outright or contract

ellisotton
Explorer

Hi, 

I am looking at getting an Apple Watch but wondering what the best way to go about this is (cost wise) 

if I was to get the Watch on contract can I pay a lump some initially to bring the monthly cost down. Or would the most cost affective way be to buy the Watch outright and have a sim only contract attached to my phone plan. 

what is the current sim only plan available and can the Watch share data from phone etc? 

my phone contract is 4gb a month but I am gifted data monthly via my partner can this be the case with Apple Watch also.

many thanks in advance

ellis 

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@ellisotton  You can not lower the tariff by paying more upfront it doesn’t work like that.  

it’d only a bit cheaper if you purchase the Watch outright say from Apple.   You then only have to take out a 30 day rolling watch contract and you pay at £7 per month and get 10Gb of data on the watch.  You don’t need over 5G. 

The watch will have its own data allowance and it’s own contract.  The watch is linked at account level so it can use the call/text allowance of your phone tariff. 

you can not gift data to/from a smart watch tariff. 

That’s great thank you for your reply.