cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

locked device

HuAcqua
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I need support from EE to get the MCK code please, I have tried changing the SIM whilst travelling abroad and didn`t know about the need for the NCK code, so I have typed it wrongly (typed the new SIM PIN), now the phone is locked and not accepting my normal 4 digit PIN as password, it is certainly asking for either the NCK or already the MCK code, I need someone from EE to chat with me to provide this number as I am overseas and I don`t have the device original box here with me, the mobile was purchased from an EE store with a plan, thanks so much in advance

5 REPLIES 5
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @HuAcqua

Welcome to the EE Community. 

A MCK code is the code you need when you tried putting in the unlocked code of your phone wrong too many times. 

Did you get the unlocking code which has been entered incorrectly from our unlock team?

Speak soon, 

Katie.

Hi Katie, thanks for replying, the answer is no, I didn`t know my device was locked to EE only, so when I swapped the SIM chip for a local provider while I am abroad I thought the msg requesting the NCK was a request to type the local provider new SIM 4 digit pin. I did it too many times, and now the mobile is locked on a screen asking for a PIN after the restart, but it is not accepting my regular 4 digit PIN anymore.

I believe the code it is waiting for is the NCK, or the MCK by now (now I know what they are after researching what happened with the device). If you or somebody from EE could please reach me on my email or my local landline here, so I can access these codes to unlock the device please, that would be much appreciated. Thanks so much in advance.
20220105_152030.jpg

Katie_B

Hello @HuAcqua

Thanks for confirming. 

We have no access here on the community to your EE account. 

The MCK code can be provided by Samsung.

Katie 🙂

HuAcqua
Investigator
Investigator

Thanks XRay, I`ve managed to reach EE`s customer support by phone, I was provided with an unlocking code, unfortunately, that code did not work to unlock the device, I am reaching Huawei`s support by now to see what they can do, thanks so much for the support anyway!

Katie_B

Hello @HuAcqua

Have you reported to our unlock team that the code has not worked?

Speak soon, 

Katie.