cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted Ad pop up

SR63
Contributor
Contributor
  • Hi. Im constantly getting screen pop ups of ads (ill attach screenshot). I've tried everything possible on my phone, to the point I don't know what I've turned off or closed. I've stopped ads, added virus app, done a safe start up, deleted apps etc etc & I'm still plagued.  I'm seriously thinking if doing a factory reset. My phone is the Samsung S21 5gScreenshot_20230914_185706_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230916_195230_Samsung Internet.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @SR63 

It is likely you have installed an app which has in turn installed another app which is the problem. Go in to settings - apps and uninstall any app you are not familiar with. Then uninstall any games/junk. You will eventually find the problem app. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I have done all that to the point I've deleted loads. Plus I have no games apps installed. I'm at a loss !

354-
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@SR63 - Worth resetting both Web browsers (Samsung and Chrome) and blitz the cache and cookies. Maybe do this offline and disconnected from the Internet.

Hi. Nothing has worked at all. It's so frustrating. Looks like q factory reset or a smart tutor to see if that solves the problem. I'm so fed up!!!!