cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown bleeps om my mobile

Geraldo2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi folks, I have only recently joined EE and am very happy but I do have one mystery to solve.

I have a brand new phone which is  a Samsung Galaxy A14

Obviously when the phone bleeps I check to see what it is. If it's a text or Whatsapp message they are obvious to spot. 

However sometimes there is no indication what the bleep is for. No matter where I look nothing shows up!

It's very puzzling so can anyone offer any suggestions as to what those bleeps are please?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Geraldo2,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

After you hear the bleep, unlock your phone and swipe one finger down the screen from the top. Are there any notifications showing?

If not, do any app icons have a small circle on them?

James

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Geraldo2 

It will be an app or service on the phone notifying you that it is used, or an unread message. 

It could also be a phantom bleep that you think you heard but didn't happen. Sounds strange and no reflection on you but it's a common problem these days. Like feeling a vibration on your phone when there is no vibration. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Hi again, thank you for your interesting reply.

My only comment is I am not imagining phantom bleeps. they come through very clearly!! 

I guess if they were important and being ignored somebody would contact me?

Regards

Gerald2

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Finding the source of this alert will be a process of elimination, checking over every app you have installed on your phone.

354-
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Try using the phone in safe mode, see if the same beeps/notifications are occurring.

Do you use any Bluetooth devices, (headphones, earbuds, speakers, trackers(Tile/Chipolo), etc  with/near the Samsung device?

Hi there! nice to hear from you.

I'm not great technical wise but if I understand what you mean the only app I have installed myself is Whatsapp. That is fine.

As to what other apps are on phone I am still learning my way around having only had the new phone for about 10 days.

Would be useful to know how to check them out.

James_B

Hi @Geraldo2,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

After you hear the bleep, unlock your phone and swipe one finger down the screen from the top. Are there any notifications showing?

If not, do any app icons have a small circle on them?

James

Hi there! Nice to hear from you.

I'm not technically great so don't know about safe mode, sorry!

As to your other comments I do not use any of what you listed.

I use a couple of chromebooks which are often nearby but that is all.

I get the bleeps whether near or away from computers.

Hi James,

Thank you for that suggestion.

When it happens again I will do what you suggest and get back to you.

James_B

No problem @Geraldo2 🙂

James