cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screenshot on Samsung A32 5G

JER21
Explorer

Hi  Can anyone advise me please.  I have recently bought a Samsung A32 5G phone and cannot take screenshots.  I have tried the 2 methods in You Tube video's but struggle to press the power and volume button simultaneously and have not got the palm swipe button  in Advance features, Motions and gestures  Can anyone help please?

PS.  I used to have a floating button on my previous Samsung but cannot find this on this new phone.

Jan

5 REPLIES 5
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @JER21 

There's numerous apps you can install from Google Play, to work around this.

I personally use "SCAR" (Screenshot & Record) but it's not the only one by a long stretch.

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @JER21 

Turn your hand on its side and swipe accross your screen. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Hi Northerner

No it won't do this until I click on the palm swipe button, which is
missing.

Thanks anyway

JER21
Hi Bristolian

Thanks I've managed to find a solution via the Assistant Menu in
Accessibility.

JER21
jsmithj
Investigator
Investigator

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble taking screenshots on your Samsung A32 5G. Here are a few things you can try:

1. Use the button combination: The most common way to take a screenshot on Samsung phones is to press and hold the power button and the volume down button at the same time for a few seconds. Make sure you're pressing both buttons at the same time and holding them down until you see the screenshot animation. If you're having trouble reaching both buttons simultaneously, you can try holding the phone with one hand and using the thumb and index finger of the other hand to press both buttons.

2. Check for palm swipe gesture: The Samsung A32 5G should have the palm swipe gesture feature enabled by default. To check if it's enabled, go to Settings > Advanced features > Motions and gestures > Palm swipe to capture. If it's not enabled, turn it on and try taking a screenshot by swiping the edge of your palm across the screen from left to right or right to left.

3. Use third-party app: If the above methods don't work, you can try using a third-party app to take screenshots. There are many free apps available on the Google Play Store that can help you take screenshots easily.

4. Enable Assistant Menu: If you're having difficulty reaching the power and volume buttons simultaneously, you can enable Assistant Menu. This will add a floating button on your screen that can be used to take screenshots, among other things. To enable Assistant Menu, go to Settings > Accessibility > Interaction and dexterity > Assistant menu. Once it's enabled, you should see a floating button on your screen that you can use to take screenshots.

5. You might have a look at the Samsunger's website where it is all explained thoroughly, you might find any other option for screenshot: https://www.samsunger.com/2023/04/how-to-take-a-screenshot-on-samsung.html 

I hope one of these methods helps you take screenshots on your Samsung A32 5G.