cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone MOT

LizaMac
Investigator
Investigator

My Samsung Galaxy A20e is now three years old. When my contract finished I switched to Sim Only.  The phone was working perfectly, but I took up the offer for an MOT two weeks ago, and went to my local store.

Since then the phone performance has deteriorated rapidly. I used to only need to charge it once per day, for two hours on rapid charge.

Now it seems to require charging twice per day, and this isn't always possible. It makes me wish I hadn't bothered. I have also realised that the phone wasn't cleaned, nor was I offered any discount on cases etc.

Disappointing.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OK! Thanks for that.

I just thought it seemed quite suspicicious that the deterioration happened immediately after the MOT, when I described how well my phone was working,  and I didn't need an upgrade.

Any idea how much a new battery would cost?

Thanks

😊 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@LizaMac   Your battery probably needs to be changed as it’s over 3 years old.  Battery are a consumable item the older they get the less charge they can hold.    After 2 years I can bet the battery could only hold a low 80 odd percent of its original power at 3 years that’s below 80% and thats when you notice issues with it.     

OK! Thanks for that.

I just thought it seemed quite suspicicious that the deterioration happened immediately after the MOT, when I described how well my phone was working,  and I didn't need an upgrade.

Any idea how much a new battery would cost?

Thanks

😊 

@LizaMac   Sorry I do not know.   Prices vary depending on where you take it, and the cheaper is more likely it’s not an official Samsung battery.   You really should take to Samsung or to an EE store so it can be sent off to be done. 

Thank you. I will do that. Probably just need to bite the bullet and get a
new phone. I was hoping to postpone that for a little while longer!