cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost phone

QWERY
Contributor
Contributor

I am in Italy. This morning I lost my phone. Huawei P30. I am not returning to the U.K. for at least another three weeks. If I report the phone lost then the SIM card gets inactivated  and I don’t want that as there is a very high probability that I may find the phone before my return.  EE will not post a new SIM  to Italy.

To use the phone I have to key in a 5 digit pin. That is followed by another 5 digit pin requirement for the SIM card. If someone with bad intentions finds the phone what are my security risks if any.

I do want to hold off doing anything drastic as stuck on the phone is a card with various contact details along with a 100 euro reward offered for returning the phone if found.

3 REPLIES 3
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @QWERY,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

If you have set up a PIN for your SIM, anyone who finds it shouldn't be able to use it in another phone.

I hope you're able to locate it soon.

James

Thanks, that's a relief and confirms what I thought.  Bit frustrated not have heard from the finder yet, unfortunately the bit about a 100e reward was hand written, starting to fade and probably unreadable to an Italian. But I live in hope!  EE has been amazing for me regards the use of of my phones and ipad, but I had never considered that they don't have outlets outside the UK.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Best of luck @QWERY 🙂

James