cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of compass sensor on A12

Gaz57
Explorer

I have only recently learnt that my new A12 has less functionality than my old A40. There is no sensor to use compass based apps which as someone who wants to use Google Sky renders the phone fairly useless. I suppose I should have checked this when I upgraded to the A12 but the thought never crossed my mind that a newer phone would take a backward step (albeit its not likely to be much of an issue with most users).

I've just taken delivery of a telescope which has the facility to be linked to the phone; it may be that the lack of sensor will have no impact on this utility as I've not yet had time to read the literature. but I will be even more disappointed if the feature is not possible with the A12.

Does anybody have any thoughts on the issue?   

4 REPLIES 4
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Gaz57

Thanks for coming to the community. 

It may be worth chatting to the manufacturer for further information on your query 🙂

Thanks.

Leanne.

I agree with you, a major disappointment.  And Samsung should declare the lack of compass, bad for customer trust in them.

Vinny0418
Visitor

I found this out last night. I was annoyed when I bought the phone and found it didn't support ntfc for Google pay. Then to find no compass sensor. Very strange two popular things not on a more modern and more expensive phone than my last which had both.

Hi

I posted this a long time ago. I ended up paying extra for the A32 but I also know its available with the A22.

Gareth