cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding a phone after porting

kylieannheawood
Contributor
Contributor

I have ported my number from EE and have since lost the old phone .... I logged in at find my android and set up security but wondered if this would work after the number associated with the phone had been ported...? Location didn't really tally so I'm guessing not? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @kylieannheawood

If you have lost your old device and this was purchased direct with EE our customer care team will be able to blacklist the phone so this can't be used. 

Katie

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

It's the SIM & its no. that's registered, not the device it's in.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks. It does show the two devices on find my android ...is that just the former SIM registration and the latest? Is there any way I can make the old phone secure or unusable?

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @kylieannheawood

If you have lost your old device and this was purchased direct with EE our customer care team will be able to blacklist the phone so this can't be used. 

Katie

Thanks, think I'll have to do that as it hasn't been located.