cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eror code 0 EE

Shaz77
Investigator
Investigator

I have spent an hr and a half on the phone to EE and I got absolutely nowhere. Incredibly frustrating when even tech experts can't help. I had already googled myself but basically I knew more than the call handler. I cannot send texts to short code messages. It's nothing to do with the spend cap and premium numbers are not blocked. I keep getting "cannot send on EE error code 0." I don't understand the two types of messaging apps people talk about on here. It's incredibly frustrating. Thanks for any help.

12 REPLIES 12
Shaz77
Investigator
Investigator

I have this problem too but don't understand the 3 dots versus 2 dots messaging app. I only have a message icon with speech bubbles. I've spent 90 mins on the phone to EE and still no further on.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Shaz77,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

What type of phone and which messaging app are you using?

James

Hi, thank you. It's a Samsung A53 and I'm just using the normal messaging that was on the phone with the overlapping speech bubbles. I didn't install anything new. Sent from my Galaxy
James_B

Hi @Shaz77,

Do you have more than one messaging app installed on your phone? (Such as Google Messages)

If you do, can you delete the apps you aren't using and let me know if that resolves the issue?

Thanks

James

Hi, no just Facebook messenger and whatsapp. Thanks. Sent from my Galaxy
James_B

Hi @Shaz77,

Have you checked premium rate messages are allowed in your settings?

Go to Settings > Apps > tap the three dots at the top right of your screen > Special access > Use premium rate text message services > Tap the messages icon > select always allow.

James

Hi, thanks for trying to help. When I do that, it says no apps can use premium text messaging services. I did ask EE about this and was told there was no block on premium services on my account.  SSharon Sent from my Galaxy
Christopher_G

I'm stumped as to what could be causing this, @Shaz77.

I know you've already spoken to them at length, but the best way to try and get this resolved is to speak to our technical support team.

Chris

No worries. Thanks for your help. I'll go into a shop and see if they can help. It was fine until a few weeks ago as I've entered radio competitions, which are premium numbers, with no issues. I think it's something to do with porting my number. The original number kept showing up when I rang people and the girl in the shop did something and the messages haven't worked since. Thanks anyway for trying to help.Sharon Sent from my Galaxy