cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does EE actually offer a repair service for Pixel 6 Pro?

Exionzero
Visitor

My pixel 6 pro's screen was recently damaged to a point where I cannot reliably use the device for it's intended purpose. Looking up repair services I saw that EE offer screen repairs for £170. Ouch, but sure, I need to get the phone repaired so ok.
I look up the nearby stores who offer repairs, but there's nothing nearby that'll get it done within 2 weeks and I'm unlikely to be free to pop into a shop for the foreseeable future. I see that EE also offers a courier service to pick up the device from my home;
To book a courier you have to either use the online troubleshooter or call ee on the 150 number. Both options bewildered me.

First I tried using the website. On the repairs page it actually lists the pixel 6 pro in a pricing chart alongside other popular phone models, however, upon clicking the 'Troubleshoot and book a repair' link I was presented with a searchbar to find my device. Pixel 6 pro does not appear anywhere in the results. Dead end.

Next I tried calling EE, only to get lost in the automated labyrinth trying to get through to the right department. Whilst there was no clear option for repairs I eventually got put through to a human being who went on to inform me that EE don't offer a screen repair service and that couriers only replace devices for people covered with insurance. This didn't sound right to me as the website made multiple references to repairing pixel 6 pro, even offering repair services for non EE users (ergo, people without ee insurance), but still, the representative was adamant that I had been misinformed and my only options were to upgrade early (which would cost me over £1000), get a third party repair (which might invalidate my warranty) or buy a new phone. nope.

Anyway, was the EE rep correct in that the information on the EE website is wrong, or is there actually a repair service for this device?

4 REPLIES 4
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Exionzero

Thanks for coming to the community. 

I would like to help you get this looked into and to do this have sent you a private message on here for some extra details. 

Speak soon.

Leanne.

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Exionzero 

Try Google

https://store.google.com/gb/magazine/repaircenter?hl=en-GB

Not sure how or if this works. 

In future buy insurance as it saves a lot of time and effort. If it's accidentally damaged check your home insurance for AD cover. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
MrsSmith2011
Visitor

I got a cost of £170 online, made an appointment and traveled to attend. The store said the repair was £810! 
I am now having issues trying to complain about the enormous difference as I am not an EE customer. So you will be glad you avoided them. 

Snap. Went to local EE shop today for screen repair. Told 2 weeks ago £170 as quoted on website. Amount quoted when took phone in £810, there was a very small dink in the casing so they apparently have to repair everything. Just laughed at the guy and walked out.