cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWARE! EE damaged my phone and are refusing to accept it

Jakey24
Explorer

I have a pixel 6a which developed a green screen randomly, upon this happening I took images of this and sent them to Google, who confirmed it would be under warranty and that I could either take to a local Authorised centre (my local EE store) or send directly.

With the EE store supposedly being the quickest option, when I took my phone in I took images of the condition of the phone in both a black screen and the green screen state. No scratches, physical damage or dents on the phone.

This was also confirmed by the shop staff and is evident on my Repair Booking form - Phone is in perfect condition, shows no scratches, markings or dents yet has faulty green LCD.

2 days later I received a quote from EE stating there are 2 large scratches UNDER the screen and it would cost £110 to fix. I instantly requested my phone back and sure enough there are 2 huge scratches under the screen that were not there. This is evident by the images and the repair booking form. These scratches are unmissable and would have easily been spotted by the multiple members of staff that looked at the phone.

After some back and forth with the shop they said there's nothing they can do and I should contact complaints, this led nowhere as they pretty much have no power over the repair team, so whatever the repair team says is final.

Google will not now touch the phone as the phone is not in the condition of the images I provided originally.

So now I am stuck with a phone that EE damaged and are refusing to take any responsibility.

This is clearly not the first time, having read multiple posts on these forums of exactly the same issues, they clearly use this tactic to avoid in warranty repairs.

BEWARE OF TAKING YOUR PHONE TO EE as they are clearly incapable of looking after customers property.

7 REPLIES 7
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jakey24,

Welcome to the EE Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you've experienced a problem with our repair service.

Please get in touch with Customer Care so a member of the team can look into this for you.

Thanks

James

Hi James,

Thanks for the reply, in all honesty I have been in touch with all levels of your customer care and all that has happened is I've been passed around to different departments and no one wants to take any responsibility. It has been over a month now and I am no further forward, hence me warning other members about EE's actual level of care for customers. 

James_B

Have you raised a complaint @Jakey24?

James

Yes, I was in touch with the Executive customer care team.

No care for my personal property whatsover and no responsibility taken by anybody.

James_B

Hi @Jakey24,

If you were unhappy with the response to your complaint, you can refer your complaint for independent review by an Ombudsman. Please see our complaints code of practice for more information.

Hope this helps.

James

Yeah, already in the process.

But, my post is to warn others what has happened and to back up previous posts that complain of the same thing.

EE have damaged my property and refuse to take responsibility, that is the bottom line.

James_B

Please let us know how you get on @Jakey24  

James