iPad Data Gifting

Garnett-Devon
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi - I have an IPhone 15 pro max with unlimited data fully loaded. I have a work iPad that I will be given as part of a redundancy package. I am sure they will want their sim back!  

what are my options for data? It is eSIM compatible. I know I get discount if I add a data sim to my package. Is there any point in getting unlimited or can I just get a 5gb sim and gift my unlimited data to it? Thanks 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Garnett-Devon  You’ll have to have a sim only contract for the iPad.  You can gift up to 120Gb per month from the iPhone contract if you’re an unlimited data contract .    You can only gift from the first 120Gb of that contract through so if you use that amount before you gift data you can not gift data.   Use 50Gb first you can only gift 70Gb. 
 Provided the sim only isn’t a no frills tariff then you can gift data to that sim.   You can not gift data to or from a no fills tariff.    

The eSIM can still be activated on the tablet if it doesn’t have a sim slot if it does use the sim.    

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Garnett-Devon  You’ll have to have a sim only contract for the iPad.  You can gift up to 120Gb per month from the iPhone contract if you’re an unlimited data contract .    You can only gift from the first 120Gb of that contract through so if you use that amount before you gift data you can not gift data.   Use 50Gb first you can only gift 70Gb. 
 Provided the sim only isn’t a no frills tariff then you can gift data to that sim.   You can not gift data to or from a no fills tariff.    

The eSIM can still be activated on the tablet if it doesn’t have a sim slot if it does use the sim.