cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart hub plus port forwarding

Lee6317
Explorer

Hi All I just upgraded to smart hub plus from BT full fibre the smart hub plus only allows you to port forward 4 choices in IPV4 or 3 pinholes in IPV6 this is obviously an issue if you want to put COD port forwarding rules in because the router won’t allow. anyone else getting the same issue ??? I just called tech at EE and they confirmed that you can only have 4 port forwarding rules on their best hub not so best for gaming as they are advertising eh !!!!

5 REPLIES 5
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Lee6317 

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear that. We have some brilliant minds here in the community who are very technically knowledgeable and may be able to help you with an alternative solution.

Chris

bobpullen
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

@Lee6317 wrote:

I just called tech at EE and they confirmed that you can only have 4 port forwarding rules on their best hub not so best for gaming as they are advertising eh !!!!

This is definitely not true unless I'm misinterpreting your problem. Case in point below, taken from a Smart Hub Plus: -

shp_port_forward.jpg

I have also managed to successfully configure five additional port forwarding rules for different external ports that all translate to the same internal port/device: -

shp_port_forward_test.jpg

Can you provide more detail about exactly what steps you're taking and where you're encountering problems and I'll see if I can replicate the issue?

Also, what issues are you experiencing with COD? If you're simply joining other lobbies, rather than hosting a dedicated server, then I'd have thought the default setting of having UPnP enabled would be sufficient? (although I admit, I'm no ardent gamer!)

Hi 

My router would only allow me to set up 4 it is the new smart hub plus . Once I set up the 4 the next had a shaded x and disappeared when saved. I called EE and after an hour they told me that the new router can only forward 4 ports. I have done this for years. The issue with COD is that your Xbox will show an open Nat type but when you look in network settings in COD it states moderate. I have full fibre 900 direct to home. I had no issues with the BT smart hub but cannot open more than 4 ports on this new hub. COD MW2  port forward   TCP 3074 UDP 88,500,3074,3544,4500

bobpullen
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

@Lee6317 - My screenshots are from the exact same router.

That said, I have just tried to create the rules from your latest post. I got as far as the third rule and encountered the issue I think you're describing when trying to enter the fourth: -

Screenshot 2023-11-03 19.38.50.png

This doesn't appear to be anything to do with an upper limit on rules, rather a validation error with the external port entry as indicated by the red borders you can see above.

I then noticed that you have two separate rules listed in your post for port 3074, one TCP and one UDP. Could this be your problem? You would need to enter these port assignments as a single combined TCP/UDP rule as seen below (which works fine for me): -

Screenshot 2023-11-03 19.53.59.png

As an aside, what issues is the moderate NAT actually causing you?

enragedbadgerz
Investigator
Investigator

I've just set up my router today after switching from BT. EXACTLY the same problem.    I m trying to sort cod (warzone) so I can try the "gamers geolocation" to get server priority but I'm on moderate so can't do anything.     luckily I've got a 14 day cancellation clause if I can't sort it.     BT is open NAT settings and ipv6 should be NAT FREE that's the whole point of having a Mac address for ipv6.