Win an amazing tech bundle worth up to £2.5k
by
Investigator

Push Email / GMail

I'm currently testing out TMobile for the first time since I last used them and they were called Mercury. Currently on Vodafone but tempted by Tmobile's better prices.

However there are a few issues I have started to notice, one being that my push gmails arnt coming through. Is this a known issue on TMobile? Im using Android ICS and dont have any issues with my Vodafone sim card in the same phone.

6 REPLIES
by
Ace Contributor

Re: Push Email / GMail

Gmail ended push notification support for new hardware on 30/01/2013.

Existing users' hardware are still allowed to receiving push.

For more info, just google "gmail discontinued push support"
by
Investigator

I had a google and it is still supported on Android devices and as I said it still works on Vodafone. It also works over WI-FI with my TMobile sim card.

by
Ace Contributor

Sorry, I've totally misread your first post.

In this case I'm clueless too Smiley Sad sorry
by
Star Contributor

Works absolutely fine on my handset on T-Mobile.

I take it you have G-Mail sync enabled for the Google account on your handset?

by
Investigator

Yes, it's bizarre that I can use WiFi or put my Vodafone sim card in and it works fine again.
by
Investigator

I also have this problem. I've a Galaxy Nexus with Android 4.2.2 on T-Mobile PAYG and 2GB data allowance. I've working 3G internet but no google push notifications come through (grey signal bars). If I use a Three or O2 simcard in the phone I get google push notifications fine.

It's frustrating because I get the feeling this will never be fixed and I'm left with no option but to leave T-Mobile just months after joining.

T-Mobile/EE also needs to unblock access to Skype like every other major network already does.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions
Subject