by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Orange Email closure 31st May 2017: Help and advice

Hello there @Howardb.

Sorry this is not an option if you do need any further support let us know.

Thanks very much for coming here.

by
Contributor

Did anyone notice that the post below from EE states that following a decline in the number of users, they have taken the 'tough' decision to close orange emails. The email I received the other day from them to inform me of the closure stated that they stopped issuing orange email addresses in 2012. Is it any wonder there was a decline in users?? The post on here from EE cites it as a tough decision but they have caused the reduction in users by not issuing any email addresses since 2012. I don't think this was a tough decision for them, I think they have known they were going to do this for sometime. What does EE stand form is it everything everywhere? Why can't EE retain the server or invest in a system that allows them to show the same loyalty as all their customers have? It might described as having been a tough decision for EE but it certainly won't be a tough decision for customers to leave and find alternative ISPs, mobile providers and landline rental and call plans. Most customers will have stayed loyal for the same reason I did, for my email address that I have had for 12 years. Well done EE, I take my hat off to you this time - the amount of money you are going to make from any savings with this will see you lose lots and lots of customers to other companies. 

by
Brilliant Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is not true EE stopped issuing email address in 2012, to this day they are still available. 

I got my Orangehome email address given to me in late 2013. 

@James_B @Karen_C @leanne_T @Lee_H @Richard_C @TiffJ where has this incorrect information come from please?

by
Contributor

I received my email from them at 0300hrs on Friday. In the email there was a link and it said that they stopped issuing orange email addresses in 2012. 

by
Brilliant Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello @AR70 I received the same email to but I can confirm it is not true since I received an Orangehome email address from EE in late 2013 and I have also just activated and registered a family members Orangehome email account (they have EE BB but never set the email address up) so they are still available as of today. Smiley Happy

by
Grand Master

Good Q!

@Tom222 wrote:

I got my Orangehome email address given to me in late 2013. 

Is that when you took BB with EE? Was that for the 1st time.

The free FSMail.net Webmail was certainly available after 2012 if you knew where to find it. I got my last in late-2014. Can't find it now but I'm sure it was there a few weeks ago.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by
Grand Master

@Tom222 wrote:

I have also just activated and registered a family members Orangehome email account (they have EE BB but never set the email address up) so they are still available as of today. Smiley Happy

When did they get their EE BB? That's when they got their Orange email, even if they never activated it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by
Brilliant Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello @XRaySpeX yes both were fresh brand new BB connections after 2012/2013. I signed up to fsmail as late as 18th December last year thanks to the link you gave me but I have lost it to, sorry! Smiley Happy

by
Grand Master

[ Edited ]

@Tom222: Thanks Smiley Happy.

Ugh! I've been looking for that link for hours. Can't see the Help page I got it from easily. Do you think I posted it or PM'ed it? Do you think it would've been around 18 Dec?

by
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @XRaySpeX you posted it in a thread publicly on or around 18th December yes. I will have a look through my posts if I find it I will PM you. Smiley Happy

by
Grand Master

@Tom222: Found it Smiley Happy. Was on 18 Dec. "Just click here to sign up for an email account from any other network but EE BB" but it fails to connect after you fill the details in. They must have removed the acceptance page.

by
Brilliant Contributor

It worked here @XRaySpeX. Captcha is case sensitive which caught me out at first. Smiley Happy

by
Investigator

Having stuck through the Wanadoo/Freeserve/Orange days and have had same email account for too long to remember, this is quite a blow. Quite frustrating also that I only found out through forums when trying to get help for access to orange webmail so I still havent been officially notified by you guys!

Currently transferring 7.7k of messages across to Gmail and putting a list together on the many I need to get in contact with, very disappointing and frustrating.

Quick question, when I change my email here will i also have to change brightbox login?

by

Hi @Jones5181 and welcome to the Community.

Router logins are not affected by the webmail closure.

Many thanks,

Lee

by
Explorer

[ Edited ]

I am changing my broadband supplier you will no longer gave my custom

by

Hello @cath2345xx

I am sorry to hear you are leaving us.

Have you got all your emails and contacts transferred to a new email provider?

Please let us know if you need any support with this.

Thanks, Leanne.

by
Contributor

Hi TiffJ

One option to "save" all emails enmasse for those affected by email closure and those who use/have access to MS Office Outlook is as follows:

1. Create new IMAP account in Outlook Mail folders, linked to Orange webmail accounts  (there are many sites providing the settings for Orange IMAP accounts via Google)

2. View each created folder in the Orange webmail via IMAP

3. Highlight all emails and "copy" to a folder within Outlook Personal Folder's (create new Outlook folder if required)

Hope this helps for a quick way to save all emails - maybe this can disseminated to your customers??

by
Grand Master

[ Edited ]

@kloughlin: This only works for those who have an Orange.Net email addy. All other Orange email domains, e.g. Freeserve.co.uk & OrangeHome.co.uk have no IMAP access, only POP3.

However your strategy can just as well be applied to all Orange domains by using POP3 in the Outlook mail client & you wouldn't even need to copy the emails to separate folders (your step 3) as the emails have already been downloaded to your PC. This is the way I've been doing it for years & so I don't need to bother with all this importing to another email system Smiley Happy. I've been disseminating this here to EE users for ages too Smiley Wink.

Also it doesn't have to be MS Office Outlook. Any PC email client will do this.

by

[ Edited ]

spot_prize_alert (1).png

Hi and welcome back to the @kloughlin

Thanks for taking the time to help out here in the EE Community, 

Because I loved the great answer you gave today, I’d love to treat you to dinner on us.

I’m going to private message you, please reply to that message with your address details so that I can pop a restaurant voucher in the post.

(Don’t reply in this public area as we’ll all be at your door wanting to come along)

Keep up the great work. 

It’s the people here who make this community a great place to be and enjoy your meal out!

Many thanks,

Lee

by
Visitor

What is the point of telling us the email service is closing on 31st May when so many of us can't now access our email !!!

For people like me (yes a silver surfer) who accesses their email daily this is a pain in the butt, your helpline is equally as useful saying it might be another 24 hours before we get access again or it might be another 48 hours, really fills me with confidence.

I can understand you wanting to make a bigger profit out of us by dropping your email service that many of us have used for over 20 years, but surely you can provide a working service up until the day you close it

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.