by
Brilliant Contributor

Re: 4G Calling on the EE Network

Hi @Totalbus It is able to get it but you would need to flash it with EE firmware this doesn't affect warranty have a look on sammobile.com at some guides it's quite easy once you get the hang of it 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
by
Valued Contributor

Huawei P10, P10 Lite, P10 Plus have been added to the 4G Calling list. Can be bought from anywhere. Good work EE.

by
Investigator

HiCan any damage be done by flashing the phone with ee softwareThanks

Sent from Samsung tablet.
by
Established Contributor

@Totalbus

I done it on both my s5 and s5 plus and it's been fine (usually safe) 

Your flashing official samsung ee firmware so does not trip knox or brake the official status of the phone (so things like android pay will still work and you still get ee OTA Over The Air samsung phone updates) just make sure you don't enable Samsung reactivate lock or you brick the phone when flashing it (fine to do it after flashing ee rom) 

by
Grand Master

@Totalbus  If you decide to do this can I just add that if something goes wrong not saying it will that you took this decision yourself and no one will be to blame except yourself on deciding to do this.   

If your going to do it YouTube will have some helpful clips that will help and guide you.  

by
Established Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes,  potentially you could 'brick your phone. However,  this is quite difficult to do. Follow the instructions on Sammobile. Flash the EE firmware using ODIN.  Do your research first so you know what you're doing. E.g. read this:

https://www.kingoapp.com/root-tutorials/how-to-flash-samsung-stock-rom-via-odin.htm

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.