by
Valued Contributor

Re: 4G Calling on the EE Network!

Hi, yes it drops to 3G when I make a call. The settings on my phone is set to Voice & Data also. I can confirm 4G calling works in LL55 4EL Llanberis, North Wales but this is about 7 miles out side of Caernarfon. This must be using a different mast.

Sent from my iPhone
by
Valued Contributor

Hi EE, was there an update on 4G calling in Caernarfon?
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @carwynf

That's handy....I was just looking at your post!

I'll get an update tomorrow to confirm the postcode has been activated.

I can also see there has been some planned works in the area that may be affecting it. They were all completed yesterday or early hours of this morning.

Let me know if anything changes and I'll get back to you in the morning.

Thanks. Smiley Happy

by
Valued Contributor

Hi @Karen_C

Did you find out about if the area has been activated for 4G calling yet? Wasn't active yesterday 😔
by

Hi @carwynf

Sorry for the delay, 4G Calling is definitely activated in the area!

There has however been a power fault on a 4G mast in the area. This was resolved on Sunday, it can take 24-48 hours after a fault for the mast to get back to full performance.

If you're still experiencing issues I would be inclined to think it's down to this.

Let me know if you are and I can send you a link to our Chat Team.

Thanks. Smiley Happy

by
Valued Contributor

Hi @Karen_C

So LL55 2US has definitely been activated for 4G calling?

Sent from my iPhone
by
Prodigious Contributor

Hi @Karen_C

Do you know when Gloucester will be 4G Calling activated?
by
Contributor

@Karen_C

@James_B

You have stated you now support 4G calling in Leicestershire (unlress I am misunderstood) however I live in the heart of Leicester and 4G calling has yet to be enabled for me : (

by
Prodigious Contributor

Hi @Blake88

The city of Leicester isn't on the list of places so I'm guessing its only other parts of the county and not the city yet?

Can you handover from Wifi Calling to 4G? If so, it usually means they've started testing in your area.
by

Hi Everyone,

There is going to be further roll outs in the next few weeks.

I'll update the post as soon as I get more info!

@carwynf .......Yes it has but there has also been issues with 4G in the area.

@Blake88 ......parts of the wider area have been activated but it hasn't yet been activated in Leicester city centre.

@sully1311 ......I'll find out on Tuesday on the next update!

Thanks. Smiley Happy

by
Investigator

Hi.

When will this service be available in Essex and also when available on the Samsung S6.  If its anything like having to wait for Marshmallow; which just got 6 months later than others; it wont be for a while.

Please let me know.  

Thanks

by
Ace Contributor

[ Edited ]

@srk1407

EE aren't releasing specific dates for specific areas, but the roll out has been very rapid over the last few weeks. It's been estimated that the whole network should be enabled by the end of July.

I wouldn't say it is like the Marshmallow situation to be honest, since Three and EE are the only UK networks to have any 4g calling at all.

In order to use 4g calling, you will need a compatible phone. At present, most Android phones are not compatible. More phones are to be added over the coming weeks.

EE contact details:
Call 150 from your EE mobile
Freephone 0800 079 8586
From abroad, dial +44 7953 966 250
by
Investigator

Thanks for the reply.

I wonder why Android phones are not launched yet.

by
Established Contributor

I assume that for testing it makes things a lot easier to stick to just one device (iPhone) so it doesn't introduce other variables that could delay the roll out.

Of course at some point EE will need to start testing and enabling Android phones.

I wonder if EE should also release a software based solution for older non-VoLTE compatible devices, similar to Three's inTouch app?
by
Ace Contributor

@srk1407

Mainly due to the substantial software differences between Android devices.... In comparison to the extreme consistency of Apple's software.

EE contact details:
Call 150 from your EE mobile
Freephone 0800 079 8586
From abroad, dial +44 7953 966 250
by
Grand Master

@srk1407. There is one the Sony Xperia X
by

Can we use SIM Free phones with a separate Pay Monthly SIM or do the phones have to come from EE too? 

by
Prodigious Contributor

@Karen_C Have you got the latest updates yet?
by

Hi,

@sully1311 .......No updates on any new areas this week unfortunately!

I'll update as soon as there is. Smiley Happy

@Jebbo87

The iPhone's and Lumia's can be purchased directly or indirectly but any other device would need to be purchased directly from EE to be able to use 4G Calling.

Hope that helps.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

by
Investigator

Yet another feature withheld from PAYG customers. This is the last straw for me. Currently looking to move my business elsewhere.

Seriously EE, if you continue to punish customers for not signing contracts, you're only going to hurt yourselves. Very stupid business strategy you've got going on here.
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.