by
Scholarly Contributor

Re: 4G Calling on the EE Network

Both are back here now. 

by
Established Contributor

Only VoWiFi here at the moment. Niamh in EE's Wexford call centre reckons 48-72 hours before IMS is fixed.

by
Established Contributor

Just been to a 4g area today in Peterborough no volte just reverts to 3G when calling. Wifi calling fine, just on the phone to ee they have no idea which is helpful.

by
Established Contributor

[ Edited ]

mine here in Reading comes and goes. yesterday was fine but today after 4pm gone. Very annoying. EE should give some explanation 

by
Scholarly Contributor

Yeah EE CS don't appear to have a clue there's an issue, nevermind what IMS actually is which is slightly frustrating.

by
Established Contributor

[ Edited ]

just been on a call with EE and they admit there is an issue and I was told 4G Calling comes and goes as being under testing. The Gentleman said very soon service will be up and running

by
Ace Contributor

Thank you @georgereading for giving us the update from EE, we shall just have to wait and see when it is back up and running again.

by
Established Contributor

I spoke to someone at ee earlier and they reckon over the last few weeks they been turning it off and on cus of issue. Apparently it's still available for business customer is just standard customers they have turned it off. He said it may be switched backed on next weekend, however the engineers apparently haven't even looked at it yet. Can anyone still access data on 800mhz or is that off as well cus of volte??

by
Prodigious Contributor

You don't get access to the integrated 800mhz masts no.

by
Ace Contributor

@Biz88 As I business customer I can tell you that's a lie it doesn't work

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
by
Established Contributor

I think ee should be making announcements if there is certain faults. For one it will save customers calling in and getting false information. I think one of the staff who posts on this forum could of gave us some info surely. For a communications company they are not very good at communicating.

by
Ace Contributor

I couldn't agree more unfortunately for some reason they seem to be ignoring their customers on this one!

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
by
Established Contributor

I agree with @Damienw1 and @Biz88.  I was a bit annoyed about not having 4G Calling but after they kept quiet and not telling customers about the issue going on, that made me very annoyed. Also one of the staff last Sunday was telling me all sorts of lies, like 4G Calling is on but the network will divert it to 3G just to reduce pressure on 4G as it was mainly for data. Also he told me that his 5s wifi calling moves seamlesly to 3G signal and the other way which is false. I can not believe how EE employ people like that

by
Investigator

All appears to be working again for me (Google Pixel in West Midlands)

4G Calling working fine and handing off to Wifi Calling and vice versa

by
Explorer

Hello. You mention that BlackBerry DTEK50 can be used for 4G calling on EE. Can you confirm that the BlackBerry DTEK60 can also be used for 4G calling? Thanks.

by
Explorer

Hello. Two questions:

1. You mention that BlackBerry DTEK50 can be used for 4G calling on EE. Can you confirm that the BlackBerry DTEK60 can also be used for 4G calling?

2. EE has recently switched on 4G in the LL40 1YF postcode area. Does this use the new 800mhz frequency?

Many thanks.

by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @paulcritchley

Welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy

4G Calling is not currently available on the DTEK60, keep an eye on the post for any updates.

If you check the Coverage Checker this will tell you if you need a compatible device.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.