by Rombalds Investigator
Investigator

Why does EE advertise in papers that spread racial hatred like the Daily Mail?

22 REPLIES
by Legend
Legend

Re: Why does EE advertise in papers that spread racial hatred like the Daily Mai

Hi, 

That's your opinion on the Daily Mail. 

This also isn't the forum for this type of question. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Why does EE advertise in papers that spread racial hatred like the Daily Mai

@Northerner wrote:

Hi, 

Thanks 

The OP is correct though. The Daily Mail and actually 99% of all other papers are full of racial hatred.

Brendon (Android Expert)
Samsung Galaxy S8+ (Oreo 8.0)
by Rombalds Investigator
Investigator

I’d be happy to move the conversation to the right EE community forum. But if EE aren’t currently advertising on YouTube for the same reason, why do they still advertise in Daily Mail, Daily Express and The Sun? 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Rombalds wrote:

I’d be happy to move the conversation to the right EE community forum. But if EE aren’t currently advertising on YouTube for the same reason, why do they still advertise in Daily Mail, Daily Express and The Sun? 

The reason they don't advertise on you tube is not because of racial hatred.

It' because of ad misplacement.  They are cracking down on Google for not putting the ads in a more prevalent place in the videos.

Brendon (Android Expert)
by Legend
Legend

@BrendonH wrote:

@Northerner wrote:

Hi, 

Thanks 

The OP is correct though. The Daily Mail and actually 99% of all other papers are full of racial hatred.

Again your opinion, which you are entitled to have, but it doesn't necessarily mean its correct. 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

by Rombalds Investigator
Investigator

by Legend
Legend

@Rombalds wrote:

And nothing to do with...

https://www.marketingweek.com/2017/03/17/google-ad-safety/

?

That has nothing to do with Daily Mail. 

by Rombalds Investigator
Investigator

I have nothing against the newspapers per se or even journalists such as Richard Littlejohn or Katie Hopkins. I believe totally in free speech.

What I am asking is “Does EE by advertising in newspapers that carry these type of journalists condone their views”. And if not why do they advertise in these newspapers?

by Legend
Legend

@Rombalds wrote:

I have nothing against the newspapers per se or even journalists such as Richard Littlejohn or Katie Hopkins. I believe totally in free speech.

What I am asking is “Does EE by advertising in newspapers that carry these type of journalists condone their views”. And if not why do they advertise in these newspapers?

You argument is contradictory. You believe in freedom of speech but condone the views of some journalists? Are they not entitled to  their own views controversial or not? 

You seem to be saying your believe in freedom of speech unless you don't agree with what is said. That is not freedom of speech. 

by Rombalds Investigator
Investigator

You misread the question. I am asking if by advertising in such newspapers EE condones these journalists. Ee’s advertising spend comes from the profits made from subscribers to its services of which I am one. 

It seems a legitimate question. I’d be interested in the response of someone from EE. The answer may help me decide if I want to continue using a service that pays the wages of people who do spread racial hatred. 

by Legend
Legend

@Rombalds wrote:

You misread the question. I am asking if by advertising in such newspapers EE condones these journalists. Ee’s advertising spend comes from the profits made from subscribers to its services of which I am one. 

It seems a legitimate question. I’d be interested in the response of someone from EE. The answer may help me decide if I want to continue using a service that pays the wages of people who do spread racial hatred. 

Again you are contradicting your other posts. Those journalists are merely expressing their views as they are entitled to do so under their right to freedom of speech, the same right you say you support but by the same token disagree with if you don't like their view. 

Maybe you should stop reading the daily mail? You will also struggle to find any carrier which published adverts in media you don't agree with the views published. 

by Rombalds Investigator
Investigator

So does anyone from EE want to answer the question.  The European Commssion Against Racism and Intolerance published in 2016 specifically references The Sun and The Daily Mail, please read sections 40 and 41.  I am certain that I am not the only person who would like to know the views of EE. 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Rombalds this is a customer forum.

U suggest you contact EE press team.

Brendon (Android Expert)
by Legend
Legend

@Rombalds wrote:

So does anyone from EE want to answer the question.  The European Commssion Against Racism and Intolerance published in 2016 specifically references The Sun and The Daily Mail, please read sections 40 and 41.  I am certain that I am not the only person who would like to know the views of EE

Refers to an article in The Sun published in 2015 and in the Daily Mail in 2013.....come on really? 

They also mention Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, so are you also wanting to know why EE support those sites? I would hope you don't have accounts with these social media outlets given your high moral stance. 

The report is here if anyone is intersted. 

Thanks, 

by dean_h Investigator
Investigator

Stop Funding Hate

Hi,

As with all companies EE have a social reasonability, with that in mind, I and many many others believe EE should be more considerate with who they pay to advertise through.

The money paid through advertising in The Mail, Express and The Sun is used to support, allow and encourage these "newspapers" to publish and spread their hate and lies.

These hate and lies negatively effect the lives of many innocent minorities including Muslims, LGBT community, refugees, migrants, disability claimants etc.

Please EE do the right thing and advertise through other media outlets and Stop Funding Hate.

Thanks,

Dean

by Legend
Legend

Re: Stop Funding Hate

LMAO, SJW freak out. 

Don't read those publications if you don't like the content. 

You can argue any publication or media outlet peddles something which people find offensive. 

I'm fact I find your post offensive. 

by dean_h Investigator
Investigator

You could argue that but that's not the point that is being made by Stop Funding Hate. There is offensive/something you don't agree with and then there is hate campaigns against specific groups of people. I'm sure you can see the difference between the two?

By advertising in these newspapers EE are supporting and encouraging these views.

by Legend
Legend

@dean_h wrote:

You could argue that but that's not the point that is being made by Stop Funding Hate. There is offensive/something you don't agree with and then there is hate campaigns against specific groups of people. I'm sure you can see the difference between the two?

By advertising in these newspapers EE are supporting and encouraging these views.

Now you are using a straw man argument. 

You should read some history, people / groups have hated each other for thousands of years, the only difference now is that people can play the victim card to promote their shallow life to gain up votes on social media. 

If you don't like what those papers print don't read them, or engage them in debate to question their view. 

Your preaching is no different to the papers you disagree with. 

by dean_h Investigator
Investigator

@Northerner wrote:

You should read some history, people / groups have hated each other for thousands of years, the only difference now is that people can play the victim card to promote their shallow life to gain up votes on social media. 

Ha, now I know you are just a sad wum. You took it a bit far there, I think you could have had me a bit longer. 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions