by msharpe
Explorer

why "Lost" IMEI when the phone has never been reported lost?

I have recently tried to unlock my girlfriends old phone which she had on contract with EE. She replaced the phone when her contract ended and it has been living in a draw ever since (few months). The unlock service told me that i am unable to unlock the phone due to a bad IMEI number. I checked the IMEI number using cleancheck.me which also says the IMEI number is bad as the phone is blocked by 1 network (i assume EE) as it has been reported lost. My girlfriend has never reported the phone lost so how is this possible and how can i get the phone unblocked?

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: why "Lost" IMEI when the phone has never been reported lost?

Did she cancel her contract with EE cuz contracts don't just end but just see out their min term until you end it yourself?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by msharpe
Explorer

Yes, she cancelled the contract when it had been over two years and was just rolling over each month. ta

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@msharpe  You will have to get the account holder to call customer services to request that the block be removed.  Only the account holder can do this.  

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.