by LOADSOFmoney1
Explorer

why is my phone locked

I PAID YOUR TALBOT GREEN BRANCH LAST YEAR £619,99 and £10 for a top up card!

TOTAL £629.99 CASH AND ALREADY HAD MY SIM FROM MY OTHER PHONE AND YOUVE HAD THE CHEEK TO LOCK MY PHONE AND ASK ME TO PAY TO HAVE ITR UNLOCKED !

ARE YOU LOT REAL !! UNLOCK MY PHONE NOW !!

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: why is my phone locked

Any phone, PAYG or contract, bought from EE, & many other networks, will be locked to that network.

You can just apply using the Unlocking your device form as the PAYG option and giving the mobile number that it originally had. It will be free for PAYG devices.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi,

@LOADSOFmoney1

Please fill this form https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/device-unlock/ 

But If your pay as you go account is not registered - please call customer services get this registered first.

You can also call on this number 0800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4)

To ask for unlock your phone. 

Many Thanks 

by LOADSOFmoney1
Explorer

iM NOT PAY AS YOU GO I PURCHASED THE SIM CARD FROM EE WHEN I BOUGHT THE PHONE!

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi, 

@LOADSOFmoney1

Do you have your purchase slip you need to call on this number 

0800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4)

You can discuss this with customer adviser if he is able able to register your account then it will be free to unlock otherwise you need pay £8.99 with valid UK credit or debit card. 

Many Thanks 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I don't understand. What did you pay the EE shop £619.99 for? I took it you bought a phone outright from them. EE only sell phones 2 ways, either on monthly contract or outright as PAYG whatever you do with it later .

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@tahirmian@: wrote:

But If your pay as you go account is not registered

Why should it not be registered to EE when it was bought directly from an EE shop?

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi, 

@XRaySpeX wrote:

@tahirmian@: wrote:

But If your pay as you go account is not registered

Why should it not be registered to EE when it was bought directly from an EE shop?

@XRaySpeX

I remember I had a pay as you go phone that I bought though ee website but even I had ee web account as well but when I ask to unlock customer advisor told me that phone need to registered on there system on my name. 

Many Thanks 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@LOADSOFmoney1  Your device is registered to the SIM card that came with the device, But because you didn’t use that SIM card and used your own the device is not registered to your account. You will be charged because EE sold it with the SIM card that came with the device and it’s that account that can request to have this device unlocked for free.  You didn’t setup the account with this SIM card so it’s not going to be possible to have the device unlock for free.  

Even though you purchased it yourself it’s seen as 2nd hand by EE because the device has a  SIM card/phone number attached to it at the time of sale but you used your own SIM card/number.   

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chris_B: The OP can still apply the unlocking form to the no. of the SIM that came with the phone. As you say it is registered to EE. He had it topped up by £10 when he bought the phone. That was a condition of the sale. All EE PAYG phones come with a £10 min. top-up.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@XRaySpeX  I know that that’s why I pointed it out.  As @LOADSOFmoney1 was trying to use their original sim card and not the one that came with the device which means there will be a charge.   I never said they couldn’t use the SIM card that came with the device.    

At no point as this been explained to @LOADSOFmoney1 on why they are being told there will be a charge.  

I did.   

by
EE Employee

Hi @LOADSOFmoney1 and welcome to the community.

If you bought the device as a pay as you go, you can have the device unlocked free of charge.

You will have to register the account with customer details and not just the my ee account section.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions