by WilyAlex7 Investigator
Investigator

why does it take long to unlock an iphone? are delays?

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: why does it take long to unlock an iphone? are delays?

@WilyAlex7  It takes up to 10 days that doesn’t mean I will be 10 days and EE need to check the device eligible to be unlocked and then EE ask apple to process the unlock request,  Apple need to process that request so the device is moved to a list of  permanently unlocked devices then apple inform EE of this and then EE need to inform you.    EE will not just be requesting apple one device at a time and will do this in batches. 

So thats why it says it takes up to 10 days.  

And if the device is not eligible to be unlocked and you’ve heard nothing after 10 days then you need to call customer services to find out why it’s not been unlocked and you probably find the device is not eligible to be unlocked.   

Investigator

• @Chris_B wrote:

@WilyAlex7  It takes up to 10 days that doesn’t mean I will be 10 days and EE need to check the device eligible to be unlocked and then EE ask apple to process the unlock request,  Apple need to process that request so the device is moved to a list of  permanently unlocked devices then apple inform EE of this and then EE need to inform you.    EE will not just be requesting apple one device at a time and will do this in batches. 

So thats why it says it takes up to 10 days.  

And if the device is not eligible to be unlocked and you’ve heard nothing after 10 days then you need to call customer services to find out why it’s not been unlocked and you probably find the device is not eligible to be unlocked.   

I paid £ 20 to a decoding service. I gave them imei. It's been three weeks already.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @WilyAlex7

To whom did you pay £20 as that's not EE fee.

As @Chris_B said you will need to speak to EE CS if the unlocking team.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

If it a service outside EE that you are getting your phone unlocked with then it's nowt to do with EE & we couldn't possibly say how long it will take with them. You need to take it up with them.

Chances are they'll come back & say they can't unlock it & even if they can it won't be officially unlocked & could well revert to being locked to EE some time later.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@WilyAlex7   Why are you asking on here then if you’ve asked somebody else to unlock your device  ?   And just to point out as you’ve not asked officially to get the device unlocked the device could re-lock back to EE when you update the device.  

Its cost £8.99  to unlock s device  by EE and EE will only unlock a device if it’s a contract device after six months.

is this device 2nd hand and what model iPhone is it. 

Investigator

@Chris_B wrote:

@WilyAlex7   Why are you asking on here then if you’ve asked somebody else to unlock your device  ?   And just to point out as you’ve not asked officially to get the device unlocked the device could re-lock back to EE when you update the device.  

Its cost £8.99  to unlock s device  by EE and EE will only unlock a device if it’s a contract device after six months.

is this device 2nd hand and what model iPhone is it. 

I am from Romania and the phone is coded in the EE operator. The man I talked to told me it takes about 3-6 days but it's been three weeks already. He still says there are delays from EE

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@WilyAlex7.   If the device was a contract device and 6 months have not passed since the device was original purchased from EE it will

not be unlock until the device hits that 6 month period.   

You need to speak with the company your using as this has nothing to do with you and EE.     

And you’re probably find that the company you’re using are using delaying tack ticks and the device is probably not  eligible to be unlocked and are holding out until the device is allowed to be unlocked. 

EE unlock devices that are eligible to be unlocked within 10 days.   

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @WilyAlex7,

Welcome to the EE Community.

There are currently no delays with EE unlocks.

Please see Unlocking your EE mobile phone or device to see how to request an unlock with EE.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.