by Dee28 Investigator
Investigator

why are ee going to charge to unlock a payg phone

Just completed the form to unlock my payg phone.  It says they will be charging £8.99.  Surely unlocking a payg is free.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: why are ee going to charge to unlock a payg phone

It will be free as long as you yourself bought this phone new direct from EE.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

It will be free as long as you yourself bought this phone new direct from EE.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Dee28 Investigator
Investigator

That was my understanding as well.  But,  if that is the case,  why does it say a fee will be charged.  I have had numerous problems with EE which is why I am looking for another company.  Woe betide them if they do charge me.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Dee28

Thanks for visiting community 🙂

Please see our How to unlock an EE pay as you go phone or device support article.

• There is no cost involved to unlock the device if you originally purchased the device from EE.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

by Dee28 Investigator
Investigator

I did buy the 'phone from them, which is why I was surprised at them saying there is a charge.  

by
EE Community Support Team

If it is from EE directly and you are being charged @Dee28 then please speak to our customer services team.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.