by laocoon
Explorer

unlocking sim from abroad

Hello you all,

Maybe you could help me, I've just received a second hand smartphone (HTC 8S) that is locked, (I thought "EE" was a part of the model name), I've seen that EE offers the opportunity to unlock it, but there are two things I'd like to know:

1: Is this unlock service available from abroad (Belgium)?

2: During the days it takes to unlock the device, do I need to have a sim card in it?

Any help would be very helpfull, so thanks in advance 😉

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: unlocking sim from abroad

@laocoon  You don’t need a EE SIM card in the device to unlock it.   But you have to call EE customer services to request the device to be unlocked and you will need to pay via a UK credit/debt card.  

Just to to point out if the device was part of a contract and that contract has not passed 6 months since the start of that contract the device will not be unlocked until 6 months have passed. 

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@laocoon  You don’t need a EE SIM card in the device to unlock it.   But you have to call EE customer services to request the device to be unlocked and you will need to pay via a UK credit/debt card.  

Just to to point out if the device was part of a contract and that contract has not passed 6 months since the start of that contract the device will not be unlocked until 6 months have passed. 

by laocoon
Explorer

Well, first, thanks a lot for your help, do EE will be able to know about
this contract? I got this device from "Vûlu", but is this enough as a
guarantee?? Wait and see....
Thanks again!
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.