by lhb3 Investigator
Investigator

unlocking phone from abroad

I am currently in Japan so do not want to call EE as the charges are high. I need to unlock my phone and have tried using this link: http://ee.co.uk/help/getting-started/joining-ee/unlocking-your-phone

but I keep getting an error. My account is direct debit so I don't see how i could have outstanding payments to make. 

Please help!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: unlocking phone from abroad

Hello @lhb3 if it is an EE personal pay monthly account you can try Live Chat:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/EE-Live-Chat-ways-to-chat-online/td-p/527811

Otherwise you would need to call them so they can look in to this for you. 🙂

8 REPLIES 8
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Hello @lhb3 if it is an EE personal pay monthly account you can try Live Chat:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/EE-Live-Chat-ways-to-chat-online/td-p/527811

Otherwise you would need to call them so they can look in to this for you. 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Did you buy this phone new direct from EE?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@lhb3. How long have you had this device for ? As EE will not unlock a device until you’ve had it for 6 months from the time of purchase from EE.

If you are getting a error on the unlocked request page then you are not filling it out correctly.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@lhb3. How long have you had this device for ? A EE will not unlock a device until you’ve had it for 6 months from the time of purchase froM EE .

If you are getting a error on the unlocked request page then you are not filling it out correctly.  

by
EE Employee

Hi @lhbs and welcome to the community.

So I can try and assist, please, can you let us know how long you have had the device for?

Many thanks,

Lee

by lhb3 Investigator
Investigator

Thank you this was very helpful

by lhb3 Investigator
Investigator

Thank you my issue has been solved now. I used live chat but they could do nothing so i had to call. As the form was broken and this was not my fault EE agreed to pay the call charges from abroad. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Glad you got this sorted @Ihb3

Thanks for letting us know 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions