by zahira Investigator
Investigator

unlocking my device

i have a phone which is operated by orange, due to the new EE switch my sim no longer works on this phone. it requires me to have an unlocking code in order for the sim to work in the phone, therefore i had contacted EE customer service and i was informed that they would send me a step to step guide on how to unlock my phone, alongside an unlocking code. i had contacted them yesterday, however i have not yet received an email. what can i do to unlock the phone?

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: unlocking my device

@zahira : I would have thought that as EE is forcing you to switch to EE they would have unlocked it for you anyway.

You could just apply using the Unlocking your device form and giving the mobile number that it originally came with.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @zahira 

If you have an old phone locked to orange, then it maybe your device can be unlocked for free if you search Google. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @zahira

Did the team provide you with a time scale?

Did they complete an unlocking request for you?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.