by Yasmeen97 Contributor
Contributor

unlock phone

Recently called to unlock my phone and was told it will take 10 days.. It has been over 10 days and my phone isn’t unlocked. I’ve been on my ee account and it says that it still isn’t unlocked and when I have tried to unlock it, it has said that it doesn’t recognise my phone number and that my IMEI number cant be unlocked as it isn’t for EE to unlock?

18 REPLIES 18
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: unlock phone

Did you buy it yourself direct from EE or is it secondhand? If you didn't you can't unlock it using EE's online unlocking form. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Yasmeen97 Contributor
Contributor

I got the phone from EE, I called up and paid for the phone to be unlocked and they said it will take up to 10 days but still nothing

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Yasmeen97,

Welcome to the community 🙂

Can you let me know the make and model is of the handset you requested to be unlocked?

You can check the status of an iPhone onlock by using our online form.

If the unlock is showing as processed, you can complete the iPhone unlock on our help page.

Alex 🙂

by Yasmeen97 Contributor
Contributor

Hi Alex,

Thank You. I have an iPhone 8, model- MQ6G2B/A.

I have tried looking online for the status of it, it just seems to say that the phone is locked.

by

Hi @Yasmeen97,

When was it that you requested your phone to be unlocked?

Have you spoken to our customer care team if it now over 10 working days?

Usually Apple devices are completed very quickly.

Alex

by Yasmeen97 Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I called up on the 28th of January. I am finding it difficult to contact without calling as I am abroad, is there a live chat for customers I can use. 

Thank you for your help 

by

Hi @Yasmeen97,

Tomorrow will be the 10th working day 🙂

We do have a live chat team you can speak to while you are abroad. If you click on the 'EE' tab and then the link for customer service chat is in the clickable box.

Please come back and let us know how you get on when you speak to them on Tuesday if you don't get your unlock completed tomorrow.

Alex 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Alex_S  When did working days come back into it.  It’s 10 days and has been for a few years now.   

by

My apologies @Chris_B,

It is calendar days for an unlock and not working.

Alex

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Yasmeen97  Have you ever had the device replaced the you got from EE via insurance?  

by Yasmeen97 Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Alex_S,

Oh it’s by working days, that makes sense!

Hopefully it will be unlocked, thank you so much for your help will let you know how it goes!

by Yasmeen97 Contributor
Contributor

@Chris_B No I haven’t 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

But it isn't! It's calendar days.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

Hi @Yasmeen97,

Sorry, it is 10 calendar days your phone should be unlocked in.

Once the unlocking process has been completed by EE, they send out a text or email to confirm this has been done. Do you have your EE SIM in a phone that has roaming enabled?

You can get in touch with our live chat team today until 8pm and they will be able to check your account to see how far along the process is.

If they can confirm that the request has already been proceeded, you can follow the Apple unlock steps to fully complete the unlock.

Please come back and let me know how you get on 🙂

Alex

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Yasmeen97  You have had the device longer then the required 6 months before you can request it to be unlocked?    No contract device will be unlocked if you’ve not had it longer than 6 months.  

by Yasmeen97 Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Alex_S,

I haven’t received a message yet from EE and when checked the status of my phone online it still says the phone isn’t unlocked. I have a EE sim card in a phone with roaming enabled. Also, can’t seem to find the live chat online not sure it’s because i’m on a phone.

Thank You

by Yasmeen97 Contributor
Contributor

@Chris_B Yeah the 28th of January was the 6 month point, but when I called EE they confirmed it would be unlocked in 10 days and I paid.

by

Good Afternoon @Yasmeen97

I have sent you a private message for further information, please take a look and get back to me. 

If you wish to speak to someone on our live chat you will need to log in to your My EE account. 

Thanks, Katie 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.