by santo Investigator
Investigator

unlock phone from abroad

Hello:

I write you from Spain. I bought a phone (iphone SE) in July; but it was blocked with the EE company. I called them and they told me that i had to wait until January.

Now, I´ve called and I can´t unlock it because i need a british purchase card.

So, how can I pay the 8,99 from Spain? is there any way to unlock it?

I gave my e-mail when icalled EE by phone, but I haven´t any mail with the instructions to make the payment.

Thank you 

Santo

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: unlock phone from abroad

Did you buy this phone new direct from EE or was it 2nd hand?

To unlock a 2nd-hand phone from abroad you need to call Customer Services to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. Use the landlines numbers in my sig. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid international bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock.

But even so beware that EE could still refuse to unlock it. Many phones sold 2nd-hand have been reported lost or stolen, have been sold by the original owner when under 6 months old without EE's permission or have money owing on them.

If that is the case your only remedy is against whoever you got the phone from.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Did you buy this phone new direct from EE or was it 2nd hand?

To unlock a 2nd-hand phone from abroad you need to call Customer Services to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. Use the landlines numbers in my sig. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid international bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock.

But even so beware that EE could still refuse to unlock it. Many phones sold 2nd-hand have been reported lost or stolen, have been sold by the original owner when under 6 months old without EE's permission or have money owing on them.

If that is the case your only remedy is against whoever you got the phone from.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@santo   To unlock your device you're going to need to call customer services they would charge you £8.99 and you're have to pay by via international credit card it will take up to 10 days to process. 

by santo Investigator
Investigator

Thank You for your answer so fast.
I bought the phone in EBay.
I've called customer services, but they told me I need a british purchase.
Can You tell me how can I pay?
Thank You again

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@santo  you pay via international credit card it doesn't have to be a UK  card the unlock team know this. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

EE now accept any valid international bank card over the phone.

by santo Investigator
Investigator

Hello again::

Thanks for your help. After several calls; i´ve talked with the unlock team last 20 January and they charged 8,99 in my account, but i haven´t received the code for unlock the phone in my e-mail. I gave them my e-mail to send it. Can you tell me how many time have I to wait for it?

Thank you  

by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @santo

Thanks for posting again in community 🙂

If you spoke with the team on January 20th, then the 10th working day should be today.

Have you checked your email junk/spam folders?

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.