by mcroy
Explorer

unlock my phone

Hi,

I need to unlock my EE Galaxy A3 bought from Shrewsbury EE 2 years ago.

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: unlock my phone

You can just apply using the Unlocking your device form as the Pay Monthly option and giving the mobile number that it used to have. It will first show your current phone on that number & ask whether that is the device you want to unlock? If not, you will then have to type in the IMEI of the old phone. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by mcroy
Explorer

Tried filling the form in multiple times. Keeps saying there is an error. This phone was replaced several days after the 1st phone on contract went faulty. Therefore a different imei number. perhaps you do not have the replacement phone imei number on your system which is why it does not work in the form.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I don't have a system. I'm just a user like you.

Try calling Customer Services on 0800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They may want payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @mcroy

Thanks for posting in community 🙂

In addition to all the help given by @XRaySpeX please see our Unlocking your EE mobile phone or device support article.

Thank you 

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions