by luio Investigator
Investigator

unlock Sony xperia, from Italy

Good morning,

I' m Luigi and I write from Italy. I bought a second hand mobile Sony Xperia Z3, but I didn't know this phone was bloked by your phone company.

I would like to know if it is possible to unblock the phone.

26 REPLIES 26
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: unlock Sony xperia, from Italy

To unlock a 2nd-hand phone you need to call Customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

But even so beware that EE could still refuse to unlock it. Many phones sold 2nd-hand have been reported lost or stolen, have been sold by the original owner when under 6 months old without EE's permission or have money owing on them.

If that is the case your only remedy is against whoever you got the phone from.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @luio 

Please read and follow EE guide:

HOW DO I UNLOCK AN EE DEVICE TO USE WITH ANOTHER NETWORK?

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by luio Investigator
Investigator

Many thanks!
I read the site instructions,
But I don't speak English and I couldn't understand when I phone,
Is it not possible to proceed by writing an email?
This is my only way (use google traslator)
I checked, my IMEI is not blocked for theft.
help please!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@luio You have to call that’s your only option as there is no other way of doing this.   You also need to pay the unlock fee of £8.99 via a UK credit/debit card.  

by luio Investigator
Investigator

paying is not a problem ....
my problem is that I am in Italy, and I don't speak English .... 😞
what is the number from italy?

by luio Investigator
Investigator

My phone:

Sony xperia Z3

Modello ; D5803

IMEI:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[mod edit: please do not post personal information such as IMEI numbers on the public board. Thanks!]

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@luio   This forum can not help you get the device unlocked.  And you shouldn’t post any information about your device on here,  it’s a public forum. 

call this number +44 7953 966 250

by luio Investigator
Investigator

sorry...

thank you!

by luio Investigator
Investigator

how can you pay the unlock ,if you are a foreigner,
and you don't have an English credit card?

by luio Investigator
Investigator

it is possible by bank transfer from Italy?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No. UK bank cards only. EE is a UK company intended for UK residents. Before buying a phone locked to a foreign network you should have checked how you're going to unlock it. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by luio Investigator
Investigator

unfortunately I was scammed by a dishonest seller

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@luio  

Was the device advertise as unlocked ?   if it wasn’t then why didn’t you ask the seller before you purchased it.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @luio

Thanks for posting on the community.

To unlock a second hand device, you would need a UK credit or debit card to make the payment of £8.99.

Full information can be found on our How to unlock a second-hand phone or device post.

It may be worth contacting the seller and letting them know the device is not unlocked, to see if they can help you with this.

Thanks.

Leanne.

by luio Investigator
Investigator

I didn't know this ..... in Italy it's a very rare thing, and the seller didn't tell me this

by luio Investigator
Investigator

@Leanne_T 

unfortunately this person is a scammer, and has disappeared 😞

by
EE Community Support Team

I see @luio

I am sorry we can only take payment from a UK credit or debit card to unlock the device.

Leanne.

by luio Investigator
Investigator

I called the EE service, they told me that the phone can be unlocked, but it is not possible to pay by bank transfer or paypal.
It is not possible that a foreigner cannot pay!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@luio   EE is a UK company and it’s their rules on how things are paid for,   EE is not responsible if you purchase a device but don’t have the means to pay for a unlocked of that device.  

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions