by hmurphy Investigator
Investigator

please unlock my phone

i filled in a form, then waited 10 days until i was told i needed to do it again. it has been 2 weeks since then, making it 24 days in total i have been waiting which is simply a complete joke. this is just ridiulous. please unlock now

13 REPLIES 13
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: please unlock my phone

@hmurphy  Did you get this device yourself from EE ?  

by hmurphy Investigator
Investigator

its my mums. she got it herself from EE and gave it to me when i lost mine as shed just got a new one. that was a month ago. i have not had a phone for a month because it is still waiting to be unlocked

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@hmurphy  When you filled the online form out did you put your mums details in it ?  If you pput your own details it will not work as this would be classed as a 2nd hand device so you need to call customer services to get this unlocked and it will cost you £8.99.   

If you put your mum’s details you also must make sure you manually enter the IMEI number of the device that you want to unlock as her account will show her new device and not the device that you want to unlock.

by hmurphy Investigator
Investigator

not only have i dont all of that, but the person in charge of all the phone in the office sorted it for me, and has confirmed to me that every procedure has been done correctly and that its something he has done before and never had this issue with. has emailed EE multiple times for information over the last 2 weeks, not one email has been responded to.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@hmurphy  There is no e-mail address that you can use so you’ll not get any reply to start with.  

Let’s start again because you haven’t answered my question.  

1 Did you use your mums details on the form ?  YES OR NO will do 

2 Have you been told it’s unlocked ?   YES or NO will do.  

by hmurphy Investigator
Investigator

neither my mums or my details were on it, it was done by the guy in the office, as the phone contract is between the company and EE. i would like to think they would reply, given they sent the original email to him asking was the company leaving EE or was it just the specific phone. after this conversation, they said that the phone would be unlocked in 10 days. not an automated response, an ee employee said 10 days. now can you please just tell me what i can do or even how long i can expect to wait.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @hmurphy,

Welcome to the EE Community.

The unlocking process is a little different for business accounts.

Please contact your account manager or business customer services for assistance.

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@hmurphy  If this was a business device then only the account holder can request this to be unlocked and there is nothing you can do to get it unlocked. As EE will not unlock a business device for any one except the account holder of that device.    You have to get the account holder that this device was/is apart of to chase this up. 

by hmurphy Investigator
Investigator

mate ive told you twice now that the person in the office whos name the account are under has done it all. i have already done everything humanly possible to get it unlocked. hence why i am writing on this page asking why it isnt unlocked.

by hmurphy Investigator
Investigator

im aware the process may be different but online it still says 10 days and the person managing the account was told 10 days. i could understand why it may take longer, so i didnt write anything after 10 days. it has now however been 2 weeks and im still without a phone.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@hmurphy  This is a public forum and  you have to get the account holder to call EE business customer services to chase this up.  No one can help you directly as EE will not entertain helping you as EE will only unlock a business device for the account holder.  

So the account holder has to this for you. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @hmurphy,

I understand your frustration with the delay.

As @Chris_B said, we can't access the account via the community.

Please ask the account holder to chase this up with their account manager/customer service team.

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

So this phone wasn't your mum's at all but your firm's?

This user forum can only advise on consumer matters, not business which could well be different.

You personally can do nowt. It is up to your business manager in charge of phones to take it up with EE Business Div.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.