by John743 Investigator
Investigator

phone unlock

I applied over 10 days ago to unlock my phone but apart from a text requesting feedback on the service have heard nothing and no update. Clearly the request has been received but no action taken. Is this a general problem with the service from EE if no can someone from EE sort it. Have had to resort to the community as unless I call there is not other means of communication.

8 REPLIES 8
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: phone unlock

Good morning @John743

Welcome to the EE community 🙂

Please have a look at our Unlocking your mobile phone or device – The EE quick guide by @Karen_C

How long does it take to unlock? It normally takes up to ten days ­– however sometimes it may take longer if we have to contact the manufacturer.

If you haven't received your code within ten days and haven't received a text saying we're waiting for the codes from the manufacturer, please get in touch.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by John743 Investigator
Investigator

10 minutes after posting  I got a text saying I would get another text in 10 days explaining how to unlock the phone. Can't believe it take 20 days!

by

Hello there @John743.

Thanks for coming back to us.

Have you spoken to our customer service team?

If you requested the unlock 10 days ago you should have had that text message then.

I would certainly give us a call so we can look into this.

Thanks, Leanne 🙂

by John743 Investigator
Investigator

Don't see why I should have to go to the expense of a call charge when I have filled in the correct form, recieved acknowledgement of the request, ensured sufficient funds are available and been asked to submit feedback on the service. Seems to me yet another way to make money.

by

Hello there @John743.

Are you with us on pay as you go or contract?

Thanks, Leanne.

by John743 Investigator
Investigator

Pay as you go ***** ******

[Mod Edit: Please do not post personal information on the forum]

by

Thanks @John743.

In this case you can call us from another phone.

The team will be able to look into this for you.

Thanks. Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@John743   Did you get this device yourself from EE or is it 2nd hand ?   Because you say  sufficient funds, it's free for PAYG if you got the device yourself from EE. 

If it's 2nd hand you can not use the online form and you do need to call customer services to request it to be unlocked and it will cost you £8.99 payable via credit/debt card. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.