by paul39200 Contributor
Contributor

phone suddenly asks for a password

Hello, I have a Samsung E1360B which I bought in the UK in 2009 (I think) and got an Orange simcard on pay as you go at about the same time. I spend most of my time abroad and have used the phone and the simcard without any problems for all these years. Now suddenly when I switch on the phone, it says Network Lock and asks for a password. This happens irrespective of whether I insert the Orange UK simcard or any other simcard. I have no idea what the password is, as I have never needed one. I can't register my phone on the EE website because I will get a code sent to my phone, which I can't access without the password.

I can send the IMEI number and mention some of my recent usage (with the Orange simcard in another phone). Can anybody help?

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: phone suddenly asks for a password

Hi,  

I suspect your number/sim has gone into hibernation.  More information on this can be found here.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by paul39200 Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your quick reply. But this cannot be the problem, because I used the sim card in another phone to check my email many times in different European countries in December. It may be some time since I've used it to phone anybody, but that shouldn't make a difference if it's been used for data, according to the hibernation information. Any other suggestions?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@paul39200  Do you mean the device wants a password so you can unlock/open the device to use it ?   If that's what you mean then someone has put a password lock on the device and EE and no one here can help with this as it's a user setup password lock. 

by paul39200 Contributor
Contributor

Yes, the device wants a password. I think it's pretty unlikely that anyone has put a password lock on it, but it is possible. Fortunately there is no important info on that phone, as I don't use it much. So I will just buy a cheap unlocked phone in the country where I am now and use the orange uk sim card in it instead.

by
EE Employee

Good Morning @paul39200

If it's asking for a Network Lock, it's asking for an unlock code.

It's strange for this to have out of the blue if you've been using the Orange SIM card in it.

Can you please send me a Private Message with the IMEI Number.

I'll see what I can find out.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.