by milesemery Investigator
Investigator

is my EE data only sim limited to just one device ?

I have a netgear 4g modem and netgear advice that the sub net 255.255.255.255 limits the use of the data sim to one device, so I cannot use the 4g sim to link to a home router. Is this true ?

8 REPLIES 8
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: is my EE data only sim limited to just one device ?

Hello @milesemery your EE data SIM does not have a limit on the amount of connections it can handle at once, that will be a limitation of your device only. 🙂
Investigator

Thanks I will go back to netgear and work out what is going on.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

You are welcome @milesemery enjoy the rest of your morning and come back to the community anytime if there is anything else you would like to know. 🙂 
by Grand Master
Grand Master

That is a setting of the router, not the SIM. The subnet is 255.255.255.0 (all consumer routers have the same subnet). It is used to define the range of internal IP addys within your own LAN and has no bearing on on your connection to the mobile network or its data.

What home router are you wanting to link to? The 4G MBB device is a router.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

The set up is a netgear r7000 with a netgear 4G modem LB1110. Works fine when I pull into one laptop, but when I plug the lb1110 with the EE sim into the router I cannot connect to the internet. Have open ticket with netgear too on the same subject. Look like a setup issue with the router ?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I have looked at the spec. of the Netgear 4G modem LB1110 & it is intended to be connected to either a PC or a router. Yes, that is to only 1 device (nowt to do with subnets) in itself but when connected to a router, it is the router that can connect to many devices whilst getting its Internet signal from the modem. That's the purpose of the router & that is the way all router/modem combinations work.

Can you not look into the admin interfaces of the modem & router & see if there is any presence of an Internet signal?

Does sound like it is a Netgear issue.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

This is all sorted now, few changes on the router settings and all is working fine. Just need to see if the 32gig monthly allowance will get me through the month. Going to have to monitor usage over the next few months. Have some data from my netgear router but now I have next work speeds in the 30-50 range nor sure if this will promote additional internet usage ? I expect I could see this.

thanks for the help.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @milesemery

Thanks for posting again in community 🙂

You are doing the right thing monitoring over the next few months.

Just because you now have increased speeds, this shouldn't promote additional internet usage.

Just keep an eye on things and you will be fine.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.