by Brian47
Explorer

is it just me that thinks the EE website is due for a replacement?

I try to avoid using the EE website as much as possible. Many of the re-directs appear to be illogical and I waste much time trying to discern the information I sometimes need.

I recently upgraded my phone and wanted to pass my old phone to a family member. The web pages suggest that one can actually find out if old phones minus their SIM cards are unlocked - but I could not find that information online despite following the links - which lead me in circles! I do feel the company image is being let down by a website which is maybe due for a replacement?

The customer service password - being additional to the personal account password - must be an irritation to  Customer Services staff; I've been a customer of EE for several years and until today was not really conscious of needing 2 passwords! That really needs to be sorted as the service password I guess is rarely needed by customers.

BRM.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: is it just me that thinks the EE website is due for a replacement?

Maybe!

All phones sold by EE are locked to EE except that any iPhone or iPad sold on or after 1 September 2015 will be unlocked automatically once it reaches 18 months old.

If the device had been on your contract for at least 6 months, even if that contract has now been cancelled, you can just apply using the Unlocking your device form as the Pay Monthly option and giving the mobile number that it originally came with. It will first show your current phone on that number, if any, & ask whether that is the device you want to unlock? If not, you will then have to type in the IMEI of the old phone. 

The page you may have been looking for would have been Help / Getting started & upgrading / How to unlock an EE device to use with another network .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
5 REPLIES 5
by Brian47
Explorer

I try to avoid using the EE website as much as possible. Many of the re-directs appear to be illogical and I waste much time trying to discern the information I sometimes need.

I recently upgraded my phone and wanted to pass my old phone to a family member. The web pages suggest that one can actually find out if old phones minus their SIM cards are unlocked - but I could not find that information online despite following the links - which lead me in circles! I do feel the company image is being let down by a website which is maybe due for a replacement?

The customer service password - being additional to the personal account password - must be an irritation to  Customer Services staff; I've been a customer of EE for several years and until today was not really conscious of needing 2 passwords! That really needs to be sorted as the service password I guess is rarely needed by customers.

BRM.

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Maybe!

All phones sold by EE are locked to EE except that any iPhone or iPad sold on or after 1 September 2015 will be unlocked automatically once it reaches 18 months old.

If the device had been on your contract for at least 6 months, even if that contract has now been cancelled, you can just apply using the Unlocking your device form as the Pay Monthly option and giving the mobile number that it originally came with. It will first show your current phone on that number, if any, & ask whether that is the device you want to unlock? If not, you will then have to type in the IMEI of the old phone. 

The page you may have been looking for would have been Help / Getting started & upgrading / How to unlock an EE device to use with another network .

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Website: Unlocking used phones

I'm presuming by "used" you don't mean 2nd-hand, for which a diff process applies, but bought from EE & used with EE.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Website: Unlocking used phones

@Brian47  Customer service password ?  If you mean this public forum this has to have a password so only you can post using your name.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Brian47,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I'm sorry you had difficulty finding the information you needed online.

For everything you need to know, please see Unlocking your EE mobile phone or device.

You're right in saying your verbal password (used when calling customer services) is different to your My EE password. This is a security feature that means only you know the password to your online account.

Thanks for taking the time to leave this valuable feedback.

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.