by rshetty

iphone unlock

iphone xs max

IMEI: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi

I am Rajgopal from India bought this iphone online and the phone is locked to EE UK.  Please help me unlock my phone.

Thanking you

Rajgopal

[mod edit: please do not post personal information such as IMEI numbers on the public board. Thanks!]

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: iphone unlock

@rshetty   You need to call customer services and pay the unlock fee of £8.99 and you need to pay via a UK credit/debt card.  

Just to add if the device isn’t over 6 months old starting from when it was purchased from EE it will not be unlocked until it is.  

If the device will not be unlocked your issue is with the seller not EE.  

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

For second hand phones you need to phone EE to get it unlocked and pay £8.99 by UK bank card  If, as I suspect, it is less than 6 months old they will refuse to unlock it. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @rshetty 🙂

Welcome to the community.

Did you purchase the phone from a private seller or EE directly?

Find more information about unlocking a phone or tablet >

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.