by mkirillina Investigator
Investigator

iphone still locked after 10 days

Hello,

I've been trying to unlock my iphone from the EE network. I rang EE on the 10th of January, where the operator told me it will take up to 10 business days. It has been over 10 days now and I still haven't received any information regarding it. As I am currently abroad, I cannot use my iphone with any local sims here. Any help will be appreciated. Why does it take more than 10 days if the operator told me it will take 10 days tops??

Thanks in advance!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: iphone still locked after 10 days

@mkirillina  It will only relock back to EE when the unlocking request wasn't done officially through EE.  

10 REPLIES 10
by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the Community @mkirillina

So I can try and assist, please may I know if you have performed a factory reset with a foreign network SIM card in?

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Hello,

No I haven't done anything to the phone abroad. It is still working with the EE sim, but obviously it does not work with local sims due to still being unlocked.

More advice will be appreciated.

by
EE Employee

Hi @mkirillina

Firstly, can I get you to perform a factory reset with another network SIM card in the device.

As the unlocking information is sent over electronically by Apple when the device is registering.

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Ok, I will try to do it today and will get back to you afterwards.

Thank you!

by
EE Employee

Let us know if you need any further help @mkirillina

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@mkirillina  Have you had the device longer than 6 months ? And did you get it yourself from EE ?  

Just to add add if you perform  a factory set you will wipe the device of your information.  Backup the device first, if you can not do this with a PC do it with iCloud so you can at least put your information back on the device.     And you shouldn't need to do this when having a device unlocked.  

Investigator

Hello Lee,

I was not able to reset the iphone as it is locked and won't let me do anything.

This is what itunes tells me when I insert a foreign sim:

The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported.

The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier. Please contact Apple for more information.

Investigator

Hello, 

I've had this phone for a while now, over 6 months. And I didn't purchase it from EE. For some reason, when I factory reset the phone back in December, it got locked to the EE network again, even though it worked perfectly fine with another UK operator before that..

by
EE Employee

Hi @mkirillina

I have sent you a Private Message to gain some information to help.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@mkirillina  It will only relock back to EE when the unlocking request wasn't done officially through EE.  

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.