by afeichtner
Visitor

iphone 11 "early unlock' for overseas holiday?

i have been told that my new iphone 11 (upgrade as existing customer) is locked to ee for the first 6 months. i will be going on holiday to thailand soon and I would like to use my device over there. information online is bit conflicting with what the advisor said on the phone. ee's webpage state that you can unlock your new iphone immediately if you are a pay monthly customer. has anyone been in that situation before? is there such a thing as "early unlock" or perhaps a temporary unlock for 4 weeks while I'm on holiday?

1 REPLY 1
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: iphone 11 "early unlock' for overseas holiday?

You can't unlock an EE contract phone for the 1st 6 months. EE own it for that period.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions