by lizbinx123 Investigator
Investigator

iPhone not synced to iTunes and is disabled - what can I do

My daughters iphone is disabled and says she has to connect to itunes - she has never sync'd her phone with itunes so this is pointless.. did try this and my itunes is not recognising phone.. what if anything else can should I do?

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: iPhone not synced to iTunes and is disabled - what can I do

Hi @lizbinx123

Where did your daughter get her phone and how long has she owned it?

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@lizbinx123  that happens when to many wrong passcode attempts have been tried 

And  

According to Apple’s website, “If you've never synced with iTunes or set up Find My iPhone in iCloud, you'll need to use recovery mode to restore your device. This will erase the device and its passcode.” If this is you, grab your computer and make sure iTunes is downloaded on it.

• Plug your iPhone into your computer with your USB cable If it doesn't automatically, launch iTunes.
  • From here, you’ll need to force restart your iPhone:
  • For iPhone 6s or earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Hold down the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons simultaneously. When you see the Apple logo on your screen, do not let go of the buttons. Keep holding both until your device enters Recovery Mode.
  • For iPhone 7 or 7 Plus: Hold down your Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons at the same time. When you see the Apple logo on your screen, do not let go of the buttons. Keep holding both until your device enters Recovery Mode.
  • For iPhone 8, 8 Plus, or X: Quickly press and release the Volume Up button, followed by the Volume Down button. Next press and hold the Side Button until your device enters Recovery Mode.

• Once your iPhone or iPad enters Recovery Mode, iTunes on your computer will present a box asking if you want to Restore or Update your device. Select Restore.
  • It may take some time for your iPhone to download its restored iOS software. Give it up to fifteen minutes before retrying the steps above.

• Once your iPhone has been restored, it will start up like any new iPhone would. Follow the set up process.
Investigator

northener

Well phone is now sitting as the picture in your post - however itunes has not seen it and there is no message.. any idea what I can do now?

Investigator

we got the phone online.. mobiles 4 u - or somewhere like that... it is over a year old

Investigator

Chris - as previous mail - this has got it on the phone - but laptop does not see phone.. any ideas?

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @lizbinx123.

What model of iPhone is it?

Did you try performing a sift reset of the phone when it was plugged into the laptop?

Jon

Investigator

Hi thanks all for you support on this – I eventually called apple and they talked me through a reset process – phone is now back up and running.. I have one happy daughter!! Lol

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
by
EE Community Support Team

That's great @lizbinx123!

Thanks for coming back to let us know 🙂

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.