by Az1 Investigator
Investigator

iPhone 7 unlock

Dear All,

I AM LOST !!!

Please i need your help with unlocking my device but EE customer service is not giving me the best support !!

Please allow me to explain my situation. here is comes:

1- My uncle bought me an iPhone 7 from Carphone warehouse in the UK.(he requested a sim free device)

2- my uncle shipped the sealed phone to Egypt where im now.

3- when i tried to activate my device using an egyptian sim card, it shows this message " SIM CARD IS NOT SUPPORTED".

4- i managed to get an UK sim card ( EE sim ) from a relative, the phone got activated and worked normally while "Orange" was written on the carrier part on the upper left!

5- i assumed that the device is locked to EE network so i managed to contact Apple and they gave me EE customer service number.

6- Contacted EE customer service on the 30th of december 2016 where i provided them the IMEI of the device and they advised that they can unlock my device for 8.99 pounds but they requested me to send the receipt of the phone purchase to this email address "emt.escalations@ee.co.uk" to proceed with my request.

7- till now i have called EE customer service more than 7 times and yet i didnt receive any reply or instructions!!

8- im totally lost and about to ship the phone back to the UK!!

PLEASE HELP!!

7 REPLIES 7
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: iPhone 7 unlock

Hi @Az1,

I've replied to your private message. Smiley Happy

James

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi,  

Nothing can be done here you need to call EE.  

Also the phone is locked to the first network card inserted so if you are going to make some story up then at least check your facts first.   

The iPhone will lock itself to the network of the first SIM card that is used in the phone. Subsequently attempting to use it on any other network, for example by replacing the SIM card, may mean it becomes permanently unusable. SIM free iPhones can only be used with a UK-network SIM card, and will not accept foreign SIM cards.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Az1 Investigator
Investigator

Hi @Northerner

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Az1 wrote:

Hi @Northerner

Lol OK then,  

Suggest you reply to @James_B as he has said.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

To unlock a 2nd-hand phone, which this is, you need to call Customer Services to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. Use the landlines numbers in my sig. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock.

But even so beware that EE could still refuse to unlock it. Many phones sold 2nd-hand have been reported lost or stolen, have been sold by the original owner when under 6 months old without EE's permission or have money owing on them.

If that is the case your only remedy is against whoever you got the phone from.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Northerner wrote:

SIM free iPhones can only be used with a UK-network SIM card, and will not accept foreign SIM cards.

The OP story holds together. CPW phones lock to the 1st UK SIM activated & hence would not accept the Egyptian SIM but did for the EE SIM.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Hi @Az1 and welcome to the Community

So I can try and help with this query, please can you send the IMEI to me in a Private Message.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.