by chrisbp Contributor
Contributor

iPhone 7 simlock

I try to unlock my iPhone 7 (bought from EE), I filled unlocking form on last Friday, I know it's 10 days, but last time, when I tried to unlock another iPhone from EE it took more than 14 days (when unlock in Vodafone took 2 days), so I would like to ask is it possible to unlock bit faster?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: iPhone 7 simlock

@chrisbp  But when did you get your device ?  As it's 6 months from the sale of that device not the release date of the iPhone 7 

and thats 5 months from release day 

16 of September to the 7 February,  = just under 5 months.   

try the 16 of March for 6 months after release date. 

5 REPLIES 5
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @chrisbp you can query the status of the unlock by calling customer service on 150 from your EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other but apart from that not much can be done until they contact you no. Hopefully you hear back from the unlocking team soon. 🙂 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@chrisbp  Did you get this yourself from EE ?   If you did when did you get it ?  As EE will not unlock a device until 6 months have passed from the time of purchase.   If you purchased this 2nd hand the 6 month rule still applies and seeing as the iPhone 7 has not even been out 6 months yet it will not be unlocked even if that device was purchased on launch day.

Please read THIS

by chrisbp Contributor
Contributor

iPhone 7 release date - 16 September 2016. It's 6 months.

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@chrisbp  But when did you get your device ?  As it's 6 months from the sale of that device not the release date of the iPhone 7 

and thats 5 months from release day 

16 of September to the 7 February,  = just under 5 months.   

try the 16 of March for 6 months after release date. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

16 September 2016 + 6 months = 16 March 2017 is in the future Smiley Tongue.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.