by Georgia0206 Investigator
Investigator

iPhone 6s unlock

My contract is due for upgrade at the end of jan 2018. I don’t want a new phone but to go sim only.

If I get the cheapest 1 month rolling sim (and pay that until my contract is up in March) can I get my phone unlocked and put another network sim in (it’s cheaper to pay for 2 contracts for 3 months)?? 

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: iPhone 6s unlock

You can just apply using the Unlocking your device form as the Pay Monthly option and giving the mobile number that it came with.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hello @Georgia0206 your Apple iPhone should already be unlocked. Any Apple devices purchased on or after 1st November 2015 will automatically be unlocked after 21 months:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Unlocking-your-device/Unlocking-your-EE-mobile-phone-or-device/td-p/59...

You can check by trying a none EE SIM card in the device.

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Georgia0206  If you intend to have your number moved to this new contract you can’t if you wish to pay it of over 3 months as it will close the old contract forcing you to pay off the rest of the minimum term in full.  

Quick questin how is is paying for 2 contracts cheaper. ?   

Investigator

@Chris_B I was planning to have a new number until my EE contract expires when I can get the PAC code to swap my number over. 

My contract at the moment is £37. I can get the most basic EE 1 month rolling sim which is £13.99 (which I wouldn’t actually use) and plan on getting a sim from three for £9... paying both of those totals to less than my phone contract at the moment. 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

You can not use a PAC to port a number within the same network.

You can either downgrade the old contract to PAYG then request the number be moved from PAYG to your new SIM only plan or you can port the number out of EE then back in.

Highlighted
Investigator

I won’t be. I’ll keep my current number on the sim only plan with EE until March when my contract expires. Then I will port my number to three. 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Then there is a high chance you will not be coming back. Three are the King of SIM only plans and will probably offer you a deal that EE could never match when you try to port back.

Investigator

I’ve contacted EE and they have said they can price match to three.. but even then, what three are offering is still better. 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Anything EE 'says' should be taken with a pinch of salt.

I hope you are able to work out a plan that suits you.

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions