Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

iPhone 11 pro unlock

Hi. I just buy a iPhone 11pro and i need to unlock it and i need some help please.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: iPhone 11 pro unlock

@MirceaPienariu : Where did you get this device originally? Did you buy it yourself new direct from EE or from a 3rd-party reseller or is it 2nd-hand? The unlocking process & costs are different. Was it originally on contract or PAYG? How old is it?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@MirceaPienariu : Where did you get this device originally? Did you buy it yourself new direct from EE or from a 3rd-party reseller or is it 2nd-hand? The unlocking process & costs are different. Was it originally on contract or PAYG? How old is it?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Phone Its 2nd hand and i dont have a EE sim

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

I dont know who is the person that i buy the phone

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

You don't need a SIM to unlock it.

To unlock a 2nd-hand phone you need to call Customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

But even so beware that EE could still refuse to unlock it. Many phones sold 2nd-hand have been reported lost or stolen, have been sold by the original owner when under 6 months old without EE's permission or have money owing on them.

If that is the case your only remedy is against whoever you got the phone from.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

A ee sim ...i go to buy one . Thanks

Trimis de pe iPhone‑ul meu
Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @MirceaPienariu

Thanks for coming to the community.

You can order an EE SIM card on our EE Shop online for pay as you go, Flex or SIM only plan 🙂

Thanks.

Leanne.

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

But you don't need it!

Highlighted
by

Hi @MirceaPienariu

@XRaySpeX is correct, unless you want to join EE and use the EE network instead of unlocking the phone, then you will not need an EE SIM card, if you do wish to join EE visit the Shop link provided 🙂

If you wish to unlock the phone for another network, please follow the advice you have been given and call us 🙂

If you have any further questions, let us know.

Leanne.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

And what i have to do? I thinking to buy one but i use a diferent network

Trimis de pe iPhone‑ul meu
Highlighted
by

Hi @MirceaPienariu

If you would like to get the device unlocked and not use an EE SIM card, it will cost £8.99 to unlock the device and you’ll need to call us on 0800 956 6000 to request this.

You will need:

• IMEI number of the phone or device (you can enter *#06# on the device to get this)

• Contact number

• Contact email address

• UK credit or debit card to make the payment

You cannot unlock a device purchased or upgraded through a contract that is less than 6 months old, and the IMEI must not be blacklisted.

You can find full details within our How to unlock a second-hand phone or device locked to EE support post.

Thanks.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions