by Profile closed
Not applicable

i've bought a brand new and sealed phone. And the phone seems to be blacklisted.

Hi, i've bought a brand new and sealed phone. And the phone seems to be blacklisted. And my question now is how to whitelist it and who can be the owner if the phone is new, sealed. I've paid to check if it was reported as lost/stolen/ or insurance claim and all are clean, so it wasn't reported as stolen and no registered owner or contract.

What can be done in that situation? I've been to police and their advice was to call/chat with t-mobile and ask the reason the phone is blacklisted.

Thank you in advance 

34 REPLIES 34
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: i've bought a brand new and sealed phone. And the phone seems to be blacklis

Nothing! Only the owner can remove the blacklist, not you. EE cannot tell you the owner under Data Protection Regulations.

Your only remedy is against whoever you got the phone from.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: i've bought a brand new and sealed phone. And the phone seems to be blacklis

Hi,

@Profile closed

Where did you bought this phone?

1st you need to ask seller. I am not sure if EE or T MOBILE can do anything about this if you have not bought this directly from them.

So you need check with seller 1st.

Many Thanks

by Profile closed
Not applicable

If you,  XRaySpeX, will pay more attention to what I wrote you'll see that one of my questions is: who can be the owner if the phone is new and not reported as lost or insurance claim.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Profile closed

My question is that where did you get this phone?

by Profile closed
Not applicable

auction house, and NO I didnt pay with Credit or Debit Card

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Profile closed

Then EE can't do anything about this as @XRaySpeX advise you.

You need ask your seller.

Many Thanks

by Profile closed
Not applicable

the phone is new, so the person who bought this phone would have reported the phone as lost, but NO, it is not reported,

so if...the phone was stolen from EE, T-mobile shop, then T-mobile is the owner, and they blacklisted,   and they would have reported to police for sure, but NO it wasn't reported to police, police don't know anything about that...

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi,. @Profile closed

No one can give you this information who's original owner of this phone. 

I will suggest you to check this with 

CheckMEND

You can get complete report. 

Many Thanks 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi @tahirmian, i have the CheckMEND report, is nothing there about the owner. 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

I'm looking for a solution not exaclty for the owner.

the worst is that all phones are sold locked to their network, and it will be imposible to unlock it

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi, 

@Profile closed

On CheckMEND report did you get that it's blacklist? 

Many Thanks 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Yes, @tahirmian

Ever blocked               Caution

Currently blocked       Warning

Lost                               Clear

Stolen                           Clear

Insurance claim           Clear

Possible counterfeit   Clear

Registered owner        Clear

Possible clone              Clear

Contract status            Clear

AssetWatchTM             Clear

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed: Who can be the owner is the person who originally bought the phone from EE, most likely as an upgrade to their existing phone which they have kept & sold this phone on (maybe to you Smiley Wink). As this phone is new, the original owner has disposed of this phone within the 1st 6 moths while it remains EE's property. Thus breaching the T&Cs. As I've already told you, you have no way of ID'ing that owner.

You can surmise all you like as to why it is blacklisted but it will be pointless.

Many phones sold 2nd-hand have been reported lost or stolen, have been sold by the original owner when under 6 months old without EE's permission or have money owing on them.

If that is the case your only remedy is against whoever you got the phone from. There is no other solution.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

I'm not looking for a fight with EE or those who sold that phone.

I know that nobody will tell who the owner is, I am here for some solutions. I have the receipt, i spoke to police, fraud department and citizen advice bureau, the only thing told me is to speak with EE and to apply for small court.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi, 

@Profile closed

If you don't know about seller you will never get a solution for this. 

EE have nothing to do with it. 

Many Thanks 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Who you gonna sue? Ghostbusters?

You will find no solutions here other than what you've already been told.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

As @XRaySpeX has already said.

Your only fight is with the seller 

You said you bought from an auction house.

I would take it back to them. They will know who sold it to them to sell at auction and should take action.

I would try get your money back rather than going down a pointless path as you will not get this phone whitelisted or find any solution on here or any other channel.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by
EE Employee

Hi @Profile closed and welcome to the Community.

I know this is frustrating, but you will need to get in contact with the auction house who has sold this device.

EE will not be able to share any information in regards to the owner or the reasons it was blacklisted.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi @Lee_H, thanks for your reply.

How do I unlock (not whitellist) the phone cause I believe it is locked?

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.