by jmanning63 Investigator
Investigator

i have waited longer than 10 days to have my phone unlocked

I submitted an online form to have my iphone 4 unlocked more than 10 working days ago. I did it after my monthly contract had finished with EE. I now have a deal with another network. I haven't received a code to an alternative number I gave on the request form to unlock my phone.

How can I check if my phone is unlocked (I assume it isn't as my new sim does not work)? How do I find out why it has taken longer than 10 day?

Any help is much appreciated. 

7 REPLIES 7
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: i have waited longer than 10 days to have my phone unlocked

To complete an unlock on an iPhone, you just need to insert a different network SIM card and then either follow the on-screen instructions or sync the iPhone with iTunes for older iPhones.  In your case I would suggest using the sync with iTunes option with it being an older iPhone.

Full details on how to complete an iPhone unlock can be found here.

Try it and see what happens.

No codes are used to unlock iPhones.

by
EE Employee

Good Morning @jmanning63

Thanks for coming to the Community! Smiley Happy

When did you request the unlock?

We have had some delays with unlock requests and also with the Christmas and New Year bank holidays.

So it may take a little longer than the 10 days.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Investigator

I requested it on the 20th December. That would be more than 10 working days including bank holidays. 

I will try the itunes method from home. But just want to be sure EE have done their part for me to complete the process. 

I put in my new giff gaff sim and it just says no service. There is no option to choose network provider which suggests it is still locked. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @jmanning63

If you haven't had a confirmation text or email that the device has been unlocked it's probably not completed yet.

I do apologise for the delay.

If you still haven't heard anything by next week pop back and let us know.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Investigator

Hi Karen,

I am a little bit confused as to what I am mean to do in the meantime? 

EE declare it will take 10 working days to unlock my phone. That has passed. So, what compensation/provisions do EE offer? Further, to this EE must be able to check. The mistake is on EE's part so surely they can contact someone to see where it is at?

by
EE Employee

Hi @jmanning63

The unlock process does normally take 10 days but we've had some delays due to some system failures and bank holidays.

I'll send you a Private Message to get some additional details.

Thanks. Smiley Happy

by Shab Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I requested a unlocking code for my mobile phone on 17th December 2016 and received a confirmation email. I waited for about two weeks before I called EE to find out why i have not received the unlocking code. I was told by EE that  they don't have any request on their system but she will request the code again. Today I called back to EE and same again. Very unhappy with EE service.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.