by irene6 Investigator
Investigator

hi how can i unlock my 4G ee dongle, for any network,,, i have it 2 years

hi how cani unlock my 4gee wifi dongle, i purchased in 2015 please

31 REPLIES 31
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: hi how can i unlock my 4G ee dongle, for any network,,, i have it 2 years

@irene6: You can just apply using the Unlocking your device form and giving the mobile number that it used to have.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @irene6 it depends if it is a PAYG or PAYM device. Choose the relevant option from this link to find out everything you need to know on unlocking your device through EE:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Unlocking-your-device/Unlocking-your-EE-mobile-phone-or-device/td-p/59...

🙂

by irene6 Investigator
Investigator

hi thks for your reply but i dont have mobile locked its the 4g EE wifi dongle,, with date chip inside, that i want to unlock to be able to use with any other network

i cannot fill in the form, as when i click on non ee customer, it stops there,, start again

im pay as you go customer,, and live abroad,

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@irene6  Login to the device via device manger and look for the MBB number.  This is the number you put in the phone number field.   You’ll also see the IMEI number of the device in there also. 

by irene6 Investigator
Investigator

thks for this but how do i get to device manager on the dongle, it only has an on off button,, nothing else, which i use to connect my phone for wifi.

by irene6 Investigator
Investigator

thks for this but how do i get to device manager on the dongle, it only has an on off button,, nothing else, which i use to connect my phone for wifi.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Try connecting to http://192.168.1.1 & login as admin/admin. Then browse the web interface you should see.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by irene6 Investigator
Investigator

sorry,, but what do u mean try connecting,,

do i connect the dongle to the pc..

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @irene6 the process for unlocking a MBB device is the same for unlocking a phone. Choose PAYG customer then enter the mobile number for the data SIM card you are using. You can locate the mobile number by connecting to the device and accessing this link:

http://add-on.ee.co.uk

The data SIM cards number will be displayed at the top of the page. 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I mean browse to http://192.168.1.1 from any device connected to the dongle.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @irene6

Thanks for joining and posting in community 🙂

I can see you have been offered amazing help from @XRaySpeX @Profile closed and @Chris_B

I was just wondering if you have managed to sort things out, please let either myself or the other guys know please.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by irene6 Investigator
Investigator

hi ,, not yet,

I connect my dongle to my mac pro and nothing comes up,,,,

so dont know what else to do.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @irene6

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

There are two ways to request the unlock:

1. Using the online unlock request form

2. Give customer care a call

If you speak to customer care, they will be able to find your details that were previously registered on the account.

Richard

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Run up a browser on your Mac & type http://192.168.1.1 or http://add-on.ee.co.uk in the address bar or just click on these links in this post.

You'll need the mobile no. from your device's SIM or its IMEI in order to apply for unlocking.

by irene6 Investigator
Investigator

thks for your help,,

i dont have the ee sim atm,, i threw it out when it expired,,, i now have a 3  sim and it does not work in the dongle,, from ee,,, so i have ordered one online to be able to proceed to unlock,,, lets see what happens....

i think i need to attach then my dongle with the ee card to be able to access the info you have given me... otherwise it will not open the page.

by irene6 Investigator
Investigator

thks for your help,,

i dont have the ee sim atm,, i threw it out when it expired,,, i now have a 3  sim and it does not work in the dongle,, from ee,,, so i have ordered one online to be able to proceed to unlock,,, lets see what happens....

i think i need to attach then my dongle with the ee card to be able to access the info you have given me... otherwise it will not open the page.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You need the mobile no. that the dongle originally came with in order to unlock it, not the no. of some new SIM you've ordered. It'll be registered against its original no.

Even w/out a SIM you should still be able to browse to http://192.168.1.1 & login as admin/admin. Then browse the web interface you should see looking for the IMEI or mobile no.

by irene6 Investigator
Investigator

OH DEAR,, THAT WONT BE POSSIBLE,, I AM FROM ABROAD, AND I BOUGHT THIS WHEN I WENT TO MANCHESTER WITH SIX MONTHS PAY AS YOU GO CREDIT,, I ALWAYS CONNECTED TO MY DONGLE,, WITH MY IPHONE,,, THATS IT,, WHEN IT EXPIRERED I THREW IT OUT AND FOLLOWING YEAR GOT A NEW ONE FOR THE HOLIDAY TIME IN UK,,, SO AGAIN WHEN EXPIRED AGAIN THREW IT OUT.. LOL

SO I HAVE ORDERED A NEW ONE,,,.

WHEN I WRITE WHAT YOU SAY IT GIVES ME TRY AGAIN,,, 

DO I CONECT THE DONGLE TO MY MAC OR NOT.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, stick the dongle in the MAC & browse to http://192.168.1.1 from the MAC.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.