by giuguar Investigator
Investigator

got problems in EE unlocking procedure, any email support?

I need to know where to input IMEI in my EE settings. Also, I have a foreign address which is not accepted in the unlocking form. Is there any support email with a real person who can answer directly my quesitons?

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: got problems in EE unlocking procedure, any email support?

Hi, 

Try reading EE unlocking guide at the top of the forum you are posting as that explains what you need to do. 

There are also some handy FAQ’s and information.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by giuguar Investigator
Investigator

Hi Northener,

thanks a lot for your fast reply.

I'm trying to unlock my EE phone which I bought a month ago in UK in order to use it in my home country (Italy) with another sim card also. I presently have a pay-as-you-go pack with a credit of 5 gbp, I already fully red the procedures reported as you are suggesting (actually before posting here) but when I start answering the questions needed before filling the unlock form I get stuck when asked the card billing address, because non uk addresses are not accepted (shall I presume the card billing address is my personal home italian address?) and I cannot get further on. Do you have any advice?

Regards

Giulio

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @giuguar

Thanks for posting.

Where did you purchase the device?

Thanks, Leanne.

by giuguar Investigator
Investigator

Hi Leanne,

I purchased it at the ASDA in 2 North St, Middlesbrough. I can provide further proofs of my

purchase if you want.

thnks

Giulio

Highlighted
by

That is fine thanks @giuguar

If you get in touch with our customer service team they will get the request actioned for you.

If you have no account details registered we will need to do all this for you too 🙂

Thanks, Leanne.

by giuguar Investigator
Investigator

Hi again Leanne,

I have a EE profile but my account setting is missing my address for the same reason, I will contact the support team calling at 07953 966 250 and have them to fix this glitch preventing me from accessing the unlock form.

Thanks again for your help

Giulio

by

Great thanks @giuguar

They will get the unlock processed for you as well 🙂

Thanks, Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You cannot use the online form & PAYG SIM for unlocking phones not bought directly from EE.

To unlock a phone not bought from EE you need to call Customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions